Principal Data Scientist
- Crescent International Plaza III, Dallas, TX
Since our founding in 1979, Money Mart Financial Services has been committed to our mission of serving our customers with straightforward, relevant products that meet their evolving financial needs. We began providing accessible and convenient financial services to unbanked and under-banked consumers as the Monetary Management Corporation, and later became DFC Global Corp. In January 2018, we began doing business as Money Mart Financial Services to reflect the expanded services we now provide our customers.
We provide over 10 million solutions to our customers annually, ranging from money transfers to installment loans online and across our 700 retail locations in North America, Money Mart Financial Services is one of the largest and most diversified providers of non-standard consumer financial products in the world. Even after more than 30 years of service, we continue to find new, innovative ways to serve and empower our consumers. Money Mart Financial Services brands include, National Money Mart, Money Mart Canada, The Check Cashing Store, Aspen Financial Direct and Insta-Cheques.
What do you do?
We’re looking for a Principal Data Scientist capable of using deep learning, ML and other techniques to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions. You'll design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing risk, profitability, and customer experience. You get the gist – enjoy the experience of working on high impact, Silicon Valley style projects, while living in Dallas. You also get the learn about how big data is revolutionizing the world of consumer financial services.
What do we need?
- You to have an amazing personality and communication style.
- That you are super-organized and are a problem solver.
- That you take pride in everything that you do, and it shows.
- And most importantly that you have unquestionable integrity.
Why work for us?
- We invest in our employees, and offer extensive training, and development programs to set you up for future success.
If we sound like a fit, and you’re ready to start an exciting career with an organization that fosters employee growth, apply today!
This position will be responsible for:
- Use deep learning, machine learning and analytical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical data to help automate and optimize key processes
- Work closely with product engineering teams to drive model implementations and new algorithms
- BS and Masters degrees in computer science, or related technical, math, or scientific field; PhD degree preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a business environment
- 3+ years of relevant experience in building large scale machine learning or deep learning models and/or systems
- Hands on experience building models with deep learning frameworks like MXNet, Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch, Theano or similar.
- 1+ year of experience specifically with deep learning (e.g., CNN, RNN, LSTM)
- Familiarity with Python and R
- Strong working knowledge of deep learning, machine learning and statistics.
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Medical / Dental/ Vision benefits available after 30 days of employment
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
- PTO/ 401K / Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site wellness center
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.