Senior Product Manager
- Degla Square, Maadi as Sarayat Al Gharbeyah, Maadi, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
- Employees can work remotely
Who we are?
Modus Capital is an early to mid-stage ecosystem development fund that focuses on entrepreneurial ecosystem development in frontier markets by connecting them with developed markets providing cross border deal-flow, capital flows, and knowledge transfer. Our focus is the creation of new technologies to alleviate consumer and business pain points and the application of technology value-added for small-to-medium enterprises. Modus’ expertise lies in growing businesses by providing holistic operational support - something that we have developed, executed, and mastered over the past 5 years.
About the role:
The Senior Product Manager will help in understanding business requirements, translating the company needs into research requirements, product strategy and roadmap and user flows. Build details and own them throughout the product lifecycle communicating to C suite and founders.
- Set the long-term vision and strategy for the company’s products.
- Build and own the product roadmap that aligns with the company's objectives.
- Communicate the strategy to all the relevant participants and stakeholders and align with them on how to achieve the goals.
- Lead communications and delegate tasks to various team members involved in a project, inform peers on changes on strategy and suggest how to best tackle them.
- Proactively identify potential problems with other teams/functions, help prioritize them and propose solutions or solve them.
- Being transparent about your prioritization and roadmap process.
- Ability to say “no,” but explain why in terms that stakeholders understand and kick start productive conversations.
- Ruthless prioritization while balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders.
- Bring evidence-based decision-making to your communication.
What we are looking for?
- 3-5 years of proven successful experience in Product Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in product goal definition & understanding how it translates into yearly and quarterly goals.
- Experience in building and owning roadmaps and ensuring the roadmap & functionality are in line with the company goals.
- Ability to present product strategy and leading conversations with clients and founders from various backgrounds.
- Ability to take broad, conceptual ideas and turning them into something useful and valuable for users and a track record of successful outcomes.
- Deep understanding of product frameworks, product lifecycle, feature prioritization.
- Experience in running a product through multiple iterations, leading on releases and defining the success and counter metrics for each iteration.
- Involve different departments early on in the process to create a strong understanding and ownership.
- Developing the core positioning for the product, go to market, growth and monetization strategies.
- Deep understanding of the product development needs and applying and working within time and technical constraints.
- Experience in user stories, flows creation, user journey mapping, user flows, basic wire framing
- Experience in organizing & choosing research methods to determine user needs and conducting user testing and interviews.
- Experience in analytics & data analysis.
- Experience in common practices & accessibility for web and mobile.
- Encourages including various opinions in their approach and challenges assumptions.
- Documents their own bias and assumptions before starting development.
- Looks for direct feedback from colleagues as well as users
- Constant focus on improvement and provides feedback to help improve the workflow of the team.
- Shows natural and intuitive user empathy.
- Adapts a flexible mindset while keeping product priorities in mind.
- Does not get attached to items just because they are the ones who created them.
- Curiosity about new markets and solving real-world problems
- Multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic.
What we offer?
- You would work with a partially remote team of different nationalities on products in multiple industries, different countries and at various stages.
- Awesome work environment.
- Unlimited vacations.
- Quarterly bonuses based on meeting certain milestones.
- Annual professional development budget focused on your continuous learning and growth with us.
- Work from home policy
- Social and family medical insurance