Mobile Android Developer
- 80 Rue Queen, Montréal, QC H3C 2N5, Canada
Do you have what it takes to work at the forefront of payment innovation? Join Mobeewave’s team and collaborate with global finance, technology and payment leaders on an acceptance solution that’s disrupting the payment space!
Who are we?
Mobeewave has created a patented solution to enable people to accept money in person using just their phones. By making it possible for anyone to easily and securely accept payment, the Montreal-based Fintech has attracted the attention of the world’s biggest payment players and technology manufacturers. Already operating in Australia, Canada, India and Poland, Mobeewave is working closely with Mastercard, Samsung, Visa and most well-known worldwide banks. Growing rapidly, Mobeewave is scaling to meet a greater number of deployments in 2018.
Harnessing the NFC capability and secure element of modern mobile devices, Mobeewave’s technology allows a phone to easily and securely receive payment transactions made with all contactless cards (PayPass, payWave) and mobile wallets (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay, etc.).
Are you a Mobeewaver?
If you are a Mobeewaver, you don’t take no for an answer. You’re a self-starter who likes a challenge. You’re not afraid to go beyond the tried and tested. You dare to be different. You jump at the chance to disrupt industries. You’re resourceful. You’re passionate about what you do. You’re highly motivated and you lead by example. And, above all, you value the chance to work with people with the same set of qualities.
Could you be a Mobeewaver?
As a full Mobile Android Developer, you will work in the engineering team to build and improve our mobile Android POS applications and take them to the next level. This means enhancing the software design, improving on the UI and adding exciting new features.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Contributing as part of the Mobile App development team
- Deploy apps with the engineering team
- Participating in the agile development process
- Proposing new features and enhancements
- Perform code reviews
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years in Android Development
- Strong experience coding in Java
- Proven track record of developing Android applications
- Understanding of design patterns and architecture
- Familiarity with Git or a similar version control system
Top Candidate’s Profile
- Eager to work in a Start-Up Organization
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Creative & dynamic personality
- Go getter mentality
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with C++/JNI
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Self-published apps on the Play Store
****** www.mobeewave.com *******
Please visit our website to see what perks we enjoy working at Mobeewave!