Senior IT Specialist
- 80 Rue Queen, Montréal, QC H3C 2N5, Canada
Do you have what it takes to work at the forefront of payment innovation? Join Mobeewave’s team and collaborate with global finance, technology and payment leaders on an acceptance solution that’s disrupting the payment space!
Who are we?
Mobeewave has created a patented solution to enable people to accept money in person using just their phones. By making it possible for anyone to easily and securely accept payment, the Montreal-based Fintech has attracted the attention of the world’s biggest payment players and technology manufacturers. Already operating in Australia, Canada, India and Poland, Mobeewave is working closely with Mastercard, Samsung, Visa and most well-known worldwide banks. Growing rapidly, Mobeewave is scaling to meet a greater number of deployments in 2018.
Harnessing the NFC capability and secure element of modern mobile devices, Mobeewave’s technology allows a phone to easily and securely receive payment transactions made with all contactless cards (PayPass, payWave) and mobile wallets (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay, etc.).
Are you a Mobeewaver?
If you are a Mobeewaver, you don’t take no for an answer. You’re a self-starter who likes a challenge. You’re not afraid to go beyond the tried and tested. You dare to be different. You jump at the chance to disrupt industries. You’re resourceful. You’re passionate about what you do. You’re highly motivated and you lead by example. And, above all, you value the chance to work with people with the same set of qualities.
Could you be a Mobeewaver?
Reporting to the CTO, the Senior IT Specialist is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing activities involving Mobeewave’s computer and information systems. The individual will be working with different computer environments, networks and servers.
The incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Running regular checks on the networks
- Maintaining computer hardware and other IT-related equipment
- Offering new and forward-thinking ideas to ensure Mobeewave’s IT runs efficiently
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Managing and reporting on the allocation of the IT budget
- Providing direction for IT team members
- Providing stellar support to all employees with IT-related issues
- Web domain management
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- DEC or bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in IT
- OS knowledge: Linux, Mac, Window 7 and up
- Knowledge of Visualization Environment, specifically KVM and ESXI
- Knowledge of Office Suite, 0365, SSO, SAML, Azure Connect, G Suite, Active Directory, OpenLDAP
- Ability to multitask
- Can assess and find a solution quickly
- Ability to handle pressure
- Organizational and prioritizing skills
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Great communication skills
- Ability to manage a team
Top Candidate’s Profile
- Experience with start-up operations
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Creative & dynamic personality
- Go-getter mentality
- Strong communication skills
****** www.mobeewave.com *******
Please visit our website to see what perks we enjoy working at Mobeewave!