- Trafalgar House City Cruise Terminal, Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Working with in the Port of Southampton providing security to the calling cruise ships.
this covers searching X-Ray screening Patrolling Access control of the Restricted Areas.
Shift can be from 5 hours up to 12.5 covering a range of duties inside and external, Ensuring smooth passenger operation and controlling the area.
ISPS, X-Ray, searching training given.
- SIA Security licence, Front line Security Guarding, Door Supervision welcomed but NOT ESSENTIAL
- SIA training provided, no experience provided
- Proven work experience as a Security officer or equivalent position
- Experience of delivering excellent Customer Service
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Some computer experience, ability to write clear daily written reports
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Experience of working as part of a team or independently
- Have an understanding of the Health and Safety at Work act
Contract Type: Full time and Part time hours available
Hours: Shifts can range from 5 hours to 12.5 hours.
Salary: £9.30 per hour