Supervisor - ABP South Cardiff
- Cardiff, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
·Ensuring all site and company specific instructions and health & safety protocols are adhered to at all times
·Ensuring you remain professional and diligent in your duties at all times
Ensure to maintain the integrity of the restricted area at all times through efficient and professional pass control, searching and patrolling
To oversee the day to day running of the security team on ABP Cardiff
·Ensure all team members are deployed to the correct positions and wearing the correct uniform/PPE
·To manage team absences and to step in if positions cannot be covered.
· to cover and manage adhoc events e.g. cruise ships or military vessels entering port
· Monitor staff welfare and performance and raise any issues to management or admin
·Provide on the spot training and assessments, schedule and manage planned training. SIA refreshers/first aid
·Ensure that all supplied equipment is checked and maintained in a serviceable condition
·Conduct and manage speed checks on the port
· Manage and review incidents and deploy units where needed
· Carryout effective patrols to maintain the integrity of the restricted area in accordance with client requests and Dft
· Assist in the covering of gaps/holidays within the core teams and during increases in security levels
· Supervise and review daily handover procedure
· Conduct on site drills/exercises quarterly
· Hold a valid SIA licence
· Hold a full UK Manual Driving Licence
· Physically fit
· Desire to progress
· Use of Microsoft Office
· Previous supervisory experience
· Proficient in written and oral communication skills
· Disciplined/ professional attitude
· Ability to work well with others
· Ability to self-motivate when working by yourself
· Ability to work within established procedures and to contribute positively to any improvements
· Ability to deal with and control and direct personnel during emergency/security situations
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
Note: This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. A more detailed job description will be available at interview should you be successful in your application. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.