Senior Workplace Co-ordinator
- Leeman Rd, York, UK
At Mitie, you will be working for the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. You will be part of a workforce with over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there is no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
1. Work alongside the Operations & Workplace Manager to develop the Great Places vision.
2. To manage the IFM services in line with client expectations, considering potential innovative improvements where relevant.
3. To manage the on site FM Services to ensure the expected standards of MITIE are maintained in line with MITIE and contractual standards
4. Engage with all MITIE partners so as to ensure a collaborative and efficient approach and a swift response to all service requests. This will require continual communication with the FM Helpdesk and service managers/supervisors in addition to keeping the customer up to date at all times
5. Full responsibility for regularly updating Network Rail colleagues, face to face, on progress of tasks being carried out which have been reported by them and seeking their comments and feedback as and when appropriate Proactive ‘visual maintenance’ of communal floor areas, including hubs, staircases, coffee points and copy areas, engaging with the relevant FM teams as appropriate
6. Manage the ownership of all aspects of meeting rooms including housekeeping, AV equipment and fabric and environment
7. Responsible for managing the updating of CAFM on the progress of logged jobs
8. Manage issues through the Helpdesk as and when they occur, ensuring that all service requests reported are monitored and completed satisfactorily within your area and within the agreed SLA’s
9. Hold monthly meetings with occupants, and stakeholders, building sustainable and harmonious relationships between building occupants, and the WPM teams
10. Work in accordance with company rules, procedures and instructions for the recruitment, induction, employment, appraisal, training and work allocation of staff. Making recommendations to the Operations & Workplace Manager regarding promotion, remunerations and training requirements – drive commitment and personal growth to achieve a high performance culture
11. To work alongside the Customer in a consultative manner offering support and guidance on areas of practical Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental.
12. To lead Daily Start up Meetings (DSUM’s) and Weekly Wash up meetings with the team and relevant service partners
13. To manage the mailroom activity ensuring all processes and procedures are followed correctly
14. To be responsible for all compliance documentation ensuring all documentation is regularly updated and maintained
15. Adhere to Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures on site and to MITIE’s policies and procedures.
16. To be flexible in approach to work patterns and systems to maintain the standards required
17. Adhere to any reasonable management requests from line managers or client contact
18. Be prepared to deputise for the Operations/Workplace Manager
- Must have previous experience in multi occupancy and large scale account. customer service and IFM service delivery, helpdesk processes, workflows with knowledge of HR and QHS&E procedures and legislation
- Clear, confident communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people both written and verbal.
- Team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Pro-active approach
- Self-motivated and creative
- Analytical thinker with demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Good relationship and stakeholder management
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload effectively
- Clear, confident communication skills
- Customer Service orientated
- Team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Good time keeping
- Strong leadership skills
- Observe the dress code at all times – full uniform, clean and tidy hair, nails with conservative make-up and jewellery where appropriate. Due to Health and Safety issues no facial piercings with the exception of religious beliefs
- Computer literate
- Financial awareness
- Must have (as a minimum) IOSH Managing Safely certification
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.