Cleaner (Transpennine Express Presentation Team)
- Market St, Edinburgh EH1, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Contract Type: 3 Month Rolling Contract
Hours: 6 on 3 off hours 8 hours per day 05.45-13.45 and 14.15-22.15
Salary: £9.50 Per Hour plus 25p attendance bonus per hour
Your new role as a Cleaner will include the following duties:
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is in a safe working order, i.e. PAT Tested, etc.
- Maintain the designated area to an agreed level of cleanliness, ensuring all areas of the station are clean and tidy. (Working to a cleaning rota)
- Reports any safety deficiencies, incidents, near misses, ill health and environmental incidents to their manager.
- Follow the Health, Safety and Quality procedures within the role, including correct chemical usage and storage, and ensuring equipment is well maintained and safe for use.
- Take part in training on all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises.
- Perform miscellaneous cleaning duties as instructed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- Previous cleaning experience is desirable but not essential.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.
- Ability to understand an instruction in English
- Ability to communicate and read basic English (for safety signs, work instructions etc.)
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.