- Consett, Durham, Durham, United Kingdom
Mitie, Care & Custody are delighted to announce the opening of the 2nd only female Short Stay Immigration Removal Centre in the UK.
Our philosophy at Mitie is all about delivering brilliant service to the people in our care and creating great training, development, and career opportunities for the people we employ. We support our people every step of the way, developing your skills to professionally deliver this rewarding, sometimes challenging role with integrity and respect.
Opportunities at Female Only IRC
We're looking for people to create a brand new team based at our new Immigration Removal Centre (IRC), as part of our newly acquired contract. Individuals will have experience in relating to people that may be agitated or confused by their circumstances and are able to interact and assist potentially vulnerable individuals whilst in our care. Empathy and resilience are key attributes for this role.
You will be passionate about delivering a great service in a sensitive manner, along with good communication skills and a team player. The ability to remain calm under pressure and experience in problem solving would also be advantageous to developing your career within Care and Custody.
Job objectives and responsibilities
· To provide a comprehensive cleaning service in designated areas of the centre to meet the standards identified in the cleaning schedule
1. Clean all areas, fixtures and equipment, as required, at the centre so that cleanliness standards and a hygienic environment are maintained.
2. Operate in a safe manner ensuring compliance with COSHH regulations and Mitie standards.
3. Maintain cleaning equipment, so that it remains serviceable and ready to use, ensuring no time delay in achieving standards required.
4. Use, handle, transport and store equipment and materials securely and correctly at all times to ensure a safe and secure environment.
5. Identify and report any areas requiring repair or maintenance so that corrective action can be taken.
6. Notify relevant staff of stock levels so that the availability of cleaning materials is maintained
· Previous cleaning experience would be an advantage
Health and Safety responsibilities
· Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times
· Adhere to agreed outreach methods and risk assessment to ensure own personal safety dealing with service users
· Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment
· Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
· Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities
· Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager
· Report actual and suspected security incidents.