Part-time Nurse or Paramedic (Police Custody) - Cheadle
- Greater Manchester Police Custody Suites, Cheadle, United Kingdom
Care & Custody – a Mitie Company are looking for highly skilled Nurses and Paramedics to join our existing Custody healthcare teams working with National Police Forces.
Care & Custody HCPs are RN Adult, RMNs(with relevant general experience), RGNs or Paramedics who are qualified Healthcare Professionals working in partnership with 12 National Police Forces including 4 Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARCS), to pro-actively reduce re-offending and care for detainees in police custody. We are looking for exceptional people to join our teams where you can become a key member of a highly respected organisation.
Part-time Health Care Professional - Police Custody
RN (Adult) RGN, RMN, Paramedic·
£18,000 per annum
21 hours a week (days and nights)
What will be expected of you:
- Assessment & care of detainees and staff in custody suites.
- Forensic sampling, including road traffic offence bloods.
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments
- Acute and chronic disease management.
- Providing substance misuse therapies whilst in custody.
- Healthcare promotion, brief interventions & self-harm reduction.
- Referrals and Signposting to support wider vulnerabilities and assist with the reduction of re-offending.
- Working alongside with Liaison and Diversion colleagues to identify wider vulnerabilities.
Requirements for a career in Forensic nursing:
- Qualified RN Adult, RMN’s (with relevant general experience), RGNs or Paramedics with a real passion for developing your clinical and wider skills in an environment that is ever changing.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in a patient facing role within a relevant field (General Practice, Emergency Medicine, Walk in Centres, Substance Misuse Services, Prison Healthcare, Mental Health, or Ambulance Service) as an Adult RN or Registered Paramedic
- Have a flexible approach working within a team that encourage new ideas and opinions on how to improve the service.
- Thrive working autonomously
- Show initiative when it comes to handling a wide range of situations
Police Clearance Requirements:
You must have:
- Right to work in the UK
- Continuously resided in the UK for the previous 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- Full UK driving license and access to own car.
- Active registration & full membership of the HCPC (Paramedic), or NMC (RGN) with no restriction on practice.
What you can expect from us:
· As part of your induction, you will be given access to development programmes accredited by Teesside University, including the opportunity to achieve The Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine’s Licentiate Award and / or PGCert in Advanced Nursing in Forensic Practice.
· Opportunity to work overtime
· Death in service benefits
· MiDeals discount scheme with over 3000 offers available from your favourite retailers, leisure and utilities companies.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.