Mitie Store Protection Officer £10.00 (M&S stores)
- Princes St, Edinburgh, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Responsibiities and Dutoes
- Clearly identified to provide customers with a visible presence at the beginning of their shopping journey
- Confidently and proactively welcome customers to the store with a smile and by making eye contact and use a range of greeting techniques known to deter theft, violence and aggressive behaviour from occurring in the store.
- Assist customers in navigating the store, recognising when a customer needs help and provide the right level of support
- Be knowledgeable of the store, support key marketing messages, latest products and top questions (e.g. what time do you close?)
- Deal calmly and empathetically with people in a variety of retail circumstances, including confrontational situations
- Respond to door alarms in a sincere and apologetic manner, resolving any issues the customer may have
- Identify and monitor suspicious persons, activity or theft and take appropriate customer engaging actions as required to deter
- Recognise indicators of violence and aggression and take appropriate action to reduce
- Provide support to stores colleagues who are involved in violent or aggressive situations.
- Involvement in all key store engagement sessions, huddles and meetings to proactively engage all store teams on emerging risks and provide guidance on mitigation actions
- Responsible for carrying store radio and ensuring regular engagement and networking with police, crime partnerships, bids and other security stakeholders to create collaborative relationships with the aim of reducing risk to M&S and the community
- Report and share all incidents of theft and violence though agreed reporting channels, M&S Security Operation Centre, police and other appropriate stakeholders
- Adopt business policy when dealing with criminals, and ensuring trespassed individuals do not re-enter the store
- Report any incidents of known or suspected internal theft or malpractice
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner and remain confidential at all times.
- SIA frontline licence essential
- Specialist training on how to deal with violent and aggressive behaviour incorporating de conflict and de-escalation techniques
- Understand how violence and aggression manifests itself and how it can be disrupted
- Being confident with an easily felt presence and friendly and natural personality is essential
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage customers with ease
- Ability to remain focussed at greeting customers and deterring suspicious activity
- To have a natural empathy with our M&S brand and values, including service behaviours
- To be self-motivated, willing to improvise and suggest or try new approaches
- Able to maintain high standards of appearance and uniform standards
- Good observation skills and a sound knowledge of the law and how to interact with police and other security agencies
£10.00/hr- Full-time 52hr/week
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.