Site Security Manager
- Cody Technology Park, Ively Road, Farnborough, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 78,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Job objectives and responsibilities
- Actively drive for service excellence, sustainability, social values and efficiency initiatives at local level
- Co-ordinate the local delivery of all security operations
- Effective and pro-active communication with the customer
- Carry out pre-audit for monthly KPI meetings for all security operations
- Manage client expectations and resolve all concerns in timely manner
- Assist Mitie Operations Manager as required
- Management and responsibility for site security equipment
- Maintain the integrity of physical security on a day-to-day basis through the delivery and management of physical security measures and controls
- Ensure that the security personnel are performing in line with the clients and Mitie values
- Ensure that all on-site security systems remain fully functional and fit for purpose. Raise works tickets through the clients service desks to resolve technical issues and faults
- Conduct stakeholder engagement both internally within client’s organisation and externally with Police and MOD agencies
- Represent the site security team at monthly KPI meetings
- Ensure security events are reported through the clients system and fully investigate all site security incidents, providing reports and corrective actions as required
- Support trials and project activity by providing additional resource requirements and ensuring all silent hour guarding requests are met
- Identify, observe, recognise, and report on Improvements and changes as required
- Carry out development and reviews of direct reports
- Create reports in line with customer expectations
- Work well without supervision, in a busy Operational environment and prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure to demanding deadlines
- To work within established Company policies and procedures
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos
- Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times
- Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business
- Ensure that operational delivery is maintained, and appropriate training is completed for all areas of the role
- Escalate all matters when appropriate to the customer and Mitie Operations Manager
- Carry out any other duties as and when necessary, to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs
- SC Clearance – Minimum standard
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Extensive people management experience
- First Aid at Work certificate desired, if not must be willing to achieve it
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in a similar role
- Must understand client needs.
- Ability to inspire and lead team to always deliver the highest service standards
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Must have exceptional understanding of security services
- Understand key Mitie principles and assist in delivering this in every aspect of site functions
- Must have excellent IT skills and a good understanding of all Microsoft Office applications
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Always follow Group and company policies and procedures.
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received
- Report any issues or training needs to your Operations Manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards, you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.