Business Admin - Facilities
- 70 Park Ln, London W1K 7TT, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
To deliver an exceptional customer experience for all internal and external customers visiting the corporate facilities ensuring that all activity delivered is of the highest standard.
- Responsible for creating / updating facilities SOP
- Responsible for training team member allocated to cover holiday periods based on the SOP and providing handovers
- Consult with Line Manager on making recommendations to improve efficiency and organisation
Engagement, culture & communication:
- Responsible for sharing all communications in a timely and effective manner
- Attending a minimum of monthly 1-2-1s and monthly team meetings
- Informed knowledge of and contributes towards reports for SLA & KPI and MI (Management Information) required on site
- Responsible for supporting Business Manager in all day-to-day activities
- Able to proactively improve operational standards
- Able to plan ahead and use excellent time management skills
- Able to work independently, prioritise the task’s at hand to meet the deadlines
Finance & Commercial Awareness:
- Responsible for always looking at different ways of redusing cost inline with improving
- Responsible for sourcing competitive quates with recommended suppliers for works and supplies
- Responsible to ensure that the purchasing guidelines are met
- Consults with Business Manager on any potential financial risks
People & productivity:
- Responsible for playng part when creating and upholding positive team morale
- Responsible for following all Mitie Signature and BMW policies and procedures
- Able to liase with and audit service partners ensuring KPI are met
- Responsible for effective and organised business support
QHSE and wellbeing:
- Knowledgable about H&S policies and requirements
Strategy: innovation, change & project management:
· Involved in implementing projects on site, manage and meet deadlines
· Consult with Line Manager of any operational concerns which could impact project/change
- Providing a first class Facilities Help Desk function to all service partners and BMW team members
- Answer all calls and emails in timely manner
- Take responsibility for stock levels of stationary, office supplies and refershments
- Manage meeting room booking request and order refershments/lunch if/when required
- Send out the fire alarm test emails notifications and liasing with Engineering
- To be well presented at all times and act as an ambassador for BMW and Signature
- Building good working relations ships with all the service partners and suppliers
- Receiving and arranging couriers and deliviries for facilities
- Be the first point of contact for all contractors and ensure all visitors are escorted and signed in as required
- To Investigate issues; liases with the client and your Line Manager on action taken, in a timely and professional manner
- To have full knowledge of the Guardian security system
- To issue security passes via Guardian systems in accordance with guidelines
- To attend / carry out regular meetings with service partners and suppliers
- To ensure the training manuals and SOP guides are updated and accessible
- To be flexible and cover in various departments and sites as required within Signature contract
- To support the Account Manager and Business Manager with any reasonable ad-hoc tasks that may be assigned to you
- To maintain necessary confidentiality on all Signature MITIE and Client matters
- To carry out other duties or responsibilities that may from time to time be assigned by your Manager
- To show responsibility to personal Health and Safety and encourage the same from your team
- To report any near misses during daily walk arounds
- In charge of the monthly First Aid packs audit, ordering and replacing items
- To maintain and use as appropriate MITIE property as provided or recommened, i.e. standard uniform, mobile phone as well as other electronic equipment.
- To ensure all documents are filed and scanned correctly, in an organised manner
- To clear, organise and keep on track of the storage facilities
- To lead by example at all times and be a role model for the team
- To manage clients staff car appointments
- To organise contracts for suppliers and keep an accurate, updated files for records
- Ensure all purchase orders for suppliers and contractors are raised and supplied in an up to date manor
- Source supplies and equipment requested by the client
- Monitor security systems such as Traka to ensure te authorised individuals have the correct access to key cabinets
- Proven experience and understanding of an exceptional Customer Service delivery
- Confident communicator with a passion for providing unparalleled levels of service and exceeding client expectations
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Competent level of IT proficiency (Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel)
- Team player
- Be innovative, identifying improvements and smarter ways of working
- Good verbal and written English
- Good admin skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to plan and multitask
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Manual Handling training will be provided
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.