Border Facility Supervisor - £10.90 per hour
- Car Park D, Ebbsfleet International Station Way, Ebbsfleet, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Mitie has a great opportunity a Site Supervisor to join our business at a really exciting time. You will be based at one of our prestigious corporate customer sites.
Shifts - 12 shifts days/nights and weekends.
Pay - £10.90 per hour
All successful candidates will be submitted for CTC clearance if they do not already hold this.
Some of your responsibilities will:
- Enable the site process to be seamless, ensuring operations are managed in a professional way.
- Ensure vehicles are booked in and directed correctly.
- Working alongside the Managers in being accountable for the overall running of the site’s infrastructure and facilities including site setup.
- Deputise in Managers absence, having complete responsibility for full site activity and personnel.
- Participate in new site activation to ensure site is ready for day one.·
- Ensures that site is ready for operations at the beginning of each day.
- Work with Team leads, to manage all Mitie and third-party staff on site, including people related matters, absence, rosters, manning, leave.
- Work with the Equipment Supervisor and team colleagues to ensure that infrastructure on site is suitable and where necessary escalate to remediate issues.
- Ensures site is ready for close down at the end of each day.
- Monitor infrastructure & report to site provider / service provider / supply & equipment.
- Identify security requirements
- Ensure that traffic congestion is reduced and that vehicles are parked appropriately.
- All security front line duties are maintained.
- Dealing with external stakeholders on day to day matters, escalating as appropriate.
- To ensure that social distancing is undertaken.
- Be vigilant always when on site.
- General Site FM Management - General Standards.
- All services and personnel to act in accordance with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, unless derogation has been explicitly given.
- Perform all the following services in line with Good Industry Practice, unless specific service standards are prescribed.
- Escalate immediately if it becomes apparent that the site is not or is likely to become non-compliant with any law relating to the environment and sustainability or health and safety and will take all reasonable steps to becoming compliant. This excludes regulations that have been explicitly referred to in derogation.
- You will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Valid SIA Licence is essential.
- Security industry experience essential.
- To work as part of a team.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- Ability to go above and beyond.
- Being able to remain calm under pressure.
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- First aid and fire awareness trained desirable.
- Spill Kit and Hazchem trained desirable.
- Banksman and Lantra trained desirable.
- CTC screened desirable
- Full Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied including weather protection and in line with current government recommendation in relation to COVID-19.
- Uniform will be provided
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable