- Gowans Terrace, Perth PH1, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Salary up to £31,250
- To undertake the role of Facility Manager for the allocated site(s) and ensure that the site staff are carrying out their duties effectively and efficiently, in accordance to Company Policies and Procedures.
- To act as first point of contact for the School Staff, Subcontractors and MITIE Staff within the site(s).
- To deliver the agreed services within budget and to the standard required.
- To act as the local contact with the Local Authority, School and SPV Manager.
- To take responsibility for the co-ordination of all services, making sure the FM services are meeting the contract requirements. Manage resources to optimise and profit levels and reduce operating costs.
- Liaise and influence SPV and Local Authority both formally and informally, via meetings, correspondence and reports in a professional manner.
- Identify and manage potential risk and opportunities.
- Act as the first point of contact for MITIE’s PFI Helpdesk for the site(s), ensuring that items are dealt with within the agreed contracted SLA’s.
- Oversee the on-site facilities team ensuring they carry out their roles professionally and to the required standard.
- Assist the Contract Manager in the management of Sub-Contracts ensuring value for money and compliance with contract specifications.
- Manage and monitor site activities in relation to health and safety standards for Contractors in the progress of work ensuring site safety, quality, and environmental responsibilities to the satisfactory completion of all projects to meet agreed deadlines.
- Deliver site reporting requirements, produce accurate and punctual monthly internal and external reports advising on financial and operational status of the contract, together with quality, health, safety and human resources issues.
- Deal with day to day staff management issues i.e. recruitment, discipline and development of the site(s) based staff as well as carrying out assessments/appraisals, capability and grievance issues.
- To manage the delivery of third party income services, and to monitor the financial costs/benefits of these.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all Facilities Management services on the site meet the quality, health and safety and environmental standards and requirements of MITIE.
- Prepare and develop PPM programme and statutory compliance work. Manage and co-ordinate the activities of specialist subcontractors into the PPM programme.
- To undertake any other related duties which are within the job holders capability, according to the needs of the business
- Proven experience of Facilities Management in a complex environment, with demonstrable success in a similar service environment and capable of delivering contractual compliance in line with contract requirements.
- Proven experience of establishing stakeholder relationships and achieving sustained operational success.
- Ability to quickly build credible relationships with a management team and clients, and challenge when necessary.
- Sound relationship, management and interpersonal skills.
- Communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative and to drive improvement and change as necessary.
- Performance driven with proven commercial/financial awareness.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Flexible, adaptable and a team player.
- PC literate with Outlook, Excel and Word skills.
This role is to cover PFI Schools in Perth & Kinross Area
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business. This post comes with a company car.