Facilities / Security Site Manager
- Juno Way, Lewisham, LONDON, United Kingdom
- Monday Start Time: 07:00
- Monday End Time: 19:00
- Tuesday Start Time: 07:00
- Tuesday End Time: 19:00
- Wednesday Start Time: 07:00
- Wednesday End Time: 19:00
- Thursday Start Time: 07:00
- Thursday End Time: 19:00
- Friday Start Time: 07:00
- Friday End Time: 19:00
- Saturday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Saturday End Time: Not Applicable
- Sunday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Sunday End Time: Not Applicable
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Facilities / Security Site Manager to join the London Overground facilities / security team.
The Facilities / Security Site Manager is responsible for their identified area, that it meets or exceeds the budget and service delivery requirements through ensuring all officers in the store portfolio fully understand and comply with all aspects of Mitie policies. You will use highly effective coaching and performance management skills to deliver an industry leading retail security team for our client.
- To manage the entire Security team including appraisal / personal review, coaching, performance management, training, and development.
- Ensure all security staff on site have the required training qualifications.
- Manage staff recruitment, selection, and induction programmes for the Security department.
- Ensure strict compliance by security staff with all uniform standards and company procedures ensuring any non-compliance is addressed appropriately and swiftly.
- Establish and maintain effective scenario testing schedule for all team members, providing a well-established emergency response to any site incident.
- Ensure the contract is correctly staffed at all times, by an organised, consistent, and effective scheduling, adhering to working time regulations to cover both planned and unplanned absences.
- Ensure all scheduling and reporting of hours is correct.
- Work closely with the client to establish a robust set of procedures in line with site requirements.
- Plan short/medium- and long-term security strategy plans for the site with reports, trends, statistics, and recommendations.
- To ensure that all site documentation is regularly reviewed, and updates are actioned without delay. This is to include the but not limited to all training documents, risk assessments, assignment instructions, registers, and SOPs.
- Provide the necessary guidance and training for all staff on Security equipment deployed on site. This is to include the timely reporting of any faults to such equipment and amendments to duties according to the loss of equipment.
- To establish effective relationships with local area stakeholders
- Management of Security provision for any events – advice, guidance, and support.
- Conducting internal investigations (crime or incident related) liaising where necessary with local Police and amending team duties to better prevent re-occurrence of such incidents.
- Review all incidents occurring on site to ensure accurate and prompt reporting. Ensuring recommendations are made to prevent re-occurrence.
- Conducting employee disciplinary and investigations in line with company procedures in a timely manner.
- To comply with DPA, GDPR and H&S regulations.
- Attend regular meetings with the client and local stakeholders including morning briefings and monthly operations meetings.
- Overall responsibility for all security staff on site.
- Overall responsibility for all day-to-day security operational requirements and incidents.
- Undertake daily visits to each site security location.
- Responsibility for booking and rostering all elements of on-site training requirements such as but not limited to inductions, first aid and fire wardens training.
- Ensure officer welfare checks are conducted monthly capturing all relevant information and submitting the completed documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customer service
- Proven management skills and ability to lead and motivate a team
- Clear understating of security best practice
- Excellent knowledge of both the user operation and management of electronic security systems.
- Front line SIA Licences (SG & CCTV)
- First Aid at Work
- Must be able to pass a medical for working near live rail tracks
- Must be able to pass and hold the qualification for Network Rail of Personal Track Safety (PTS)
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
Note: This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. A more detailed job description will be available at interview should you be successful in your application. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.