Detainee Custody Officer
- Dungavel IRC, Strathaven, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a new role where you can genuinely make a difference to people’s lives?
Care & Custody is one of the leading providers of outsourced public services in the UK. We’re looking for respectful, diligent and caring people to join our team as Detainee Custody Officers within the IRC.
Our philosophy is all about delivering brilliant service to the people in our care and creating great training, development and career opportunities for the people we employ. We will support you every step of the way, developing your skills to professionally deliver this rewarding, sometimes challenging role with integrity and respect.
Detainee Custody Officer (DCO) – Dungavel IRC
£21640 per annum
40 hours per week
24 hour service, 365 days a year.
Rolling Shift pattern covering both days and nights.
We're looking for respectful, caring people to join our teams.
If you're the right one for us, your strong communication & interpersonal skills, non-judgemental approach, excellent problem solving skills and ability to keep calm under pressure will be the foundations to develop your Care & Custody career.
Your working time will require you to be fully flexible to cover both day shifts with varying start and finish times and nights shifts.
No specific role experience or qualifications are required to be a DCO as full training and supported development are given. Experience of dealing sensitively with a wide variety of people who have been agitated, confused or angry would be an advantage.
You’ll begin your Care & Custody career completing a 6-week training course (ITC), continuing your development over the next 12 months with on the job mentoring.
- Be a UK citizen, Citizen of the Commonwealth with your own indefinite leave to remain (not through marriage) or EEA citizen.
- Have a valid and in date passport, with no restrictions on your stay in the UK. Please note Visa’s in out of date passports cannot be accepted as proof of Right to Work in the UK. A Biometric card alongside a current in- date passport must be provided.
- Have continuously resided in the UK for the previous 5 years.
- Applicants must not have spent more than 3 months at any one time overseas during the previous 5 years.
- This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and Applicants must be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS check, complete employer referencing for the previous 5 years and vetting to the level of Counter Terrorist Checked (CTC) if offered a role.
- Specific driving compliance is attached to this role.
- No driving ban/ disqualification within the previous 5 years.
- Not currently bankrupt.
We will support you every step of the way, developing your skills to professionally deliver this rewarding, sometimes challenging role with integrity and respect.
Applicants are warmly invited to apply, successful candidates will be progressed and invited to attend an assessment day with interview, capability assessments and full vetting screening.
6 week ITC training course commences on 20th September. Successful candidates must be available to start on this date and complete the mandatory training course.