Contracts Manager - Landscapes
- Wellington Rd, Aberdeen, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Job objectives and responsibilities
Come join us! Mitie Landscapes has an exciting new role for a Contracts Manger who enjoys working with people in the delivery of grounds maintenance, horticultural and winter services across a variety of commercial, public sector and retail properties in Aberdeen and the wider area of the north of Scotland. You might be experienced or looking to step into a new role but you will have the enthusiasm to organise your own business area, manage the budget and keep your customers happy. We’ll work with you to develop your full potential in an expanding business where we all work together to make sure you are able to deliver ‘the exceptional every day’ which is what we do at Mitie.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive to be their best every day and are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right. Flexible work is a great enabler of a diverse & inclusive workforce, at Mitie we encourage all applications for consideration.
If you need an informal chat about the role before applying please contact our Head of Operations for Scotland, Douglas Jardine on 07342 022984.
- To pro-actively demonstrate and work to the Company’s values of People, Passion, Fresh Thinking and Exciting Futures
- Lead by example with regards to health and safety, compliance with statutory and contractual legislative requirements
- To efficiently and cost effectively manage and develop the contract portfolios
- To analyse current contracts and assess their ongoing contribution to the profitable operation of the region, controlling and minimising risk
- To assist with contract renegotiations where necessary to ensure success and growth with the existing client base
- To manage and develop a professional and effective operational team, ensuring objectives are set, monitored and achieved and that all employees are appraised and have a personal development plan
- To carry out the day to day management of relevant employees including conduct, performance, attendance and capability
- Attend HR related courses to ensure competence in dealing with people management responsibilities
- Develop a succession plan for all key roles within your team
- To meet and/or exceed financial targets
- To set, monitor, evaluate and recommend budgetary adjustments
- To build positive and productive working relationships with all customers, delivering excellent customer service and seeking ways to continuously improve and exceed expectations
- Ensure that all Scheduled and Reactive Visits and any KPI’s are met for the portfolio
- To support the development of new sales, ensuring continuous growth
- To provide management information/reporting as required
- To monitor and control supplier, sub-contractor and labour costs
- To stay abreast of opportunities for developing the company in the grounds maintenance and landscaping market
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all QHSE policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- Control resources to achieve a quality service whilst keeping within budget
- Ensure that all relevant contracts are delivered within budgeted gross margin and net profit levels
- Actively manage overtime levels
- Manage the purchase of materials within budget
- Recruit, lead and develop team
- Ensure all employees/team where appropriate Mitie uniform and PPE
- Recruit, induct, train and oversee operational resource within budget
- Ensure your teams are competent to carry out tasks.
- Conduct appraisals, identify training and ensure the development of team members
- Ensure employees follow company rules
- Motivate and lead teams
- Discipline employees where appropriate, following Company procedure
- Organise work time and attendance to suit the needs of the contract.
- Manager time effectively
- Conduct yourself in the manner befitting your position as a manager within the Mitie Group
- Access to and use of information to make effective decisions to achieve business objectives
- Ensure that all health and safety records are maintained
- Ensure that all clients files are up to date with all the relevant information pertaining to their contracts
- Ensure that all personnel files contain all required information
- Ensure sales and contract files are accurate and database maintained.
- Experienced professional within the Horticultural/Landscaping Industry
- Holds relevant professional, technical or management qualifications, and/or has relevant experience
- Can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems and the management of safe systems of work associated with the role and work environment
- Able to represent MITIE effectively at both internal and external meetings
- Able to undertake budget setting and demonstrate appropriate financial management
- Able to lead, motivate and manage a team effectively
- Seeks out and takes opportunities to learn new skills as part of personal professional development
- Leads by example in all role activities
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.