Grounds Maintenance Supervisor
- Wellington Rd, Aberdeen, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive to be their best every day and are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right
Job objectives and responsibilities
Come join us! Mitie Landscapes has an exciting new role for a Grounds Maintenance Supervisor who enjoys working with people in the delivery of grounds maintenance, horticultural and winter services across a variety of commercial, public sector and retail properties in Aberdeen and the wider area of the north of Scotland. You will have the experience and enthusiasm to supervise a number of operatives to achieve the highest level of quality of grounds maintenance services. We’ll work with you to develop your full potential in an expanding business where we all work together to make sure you are able to deliver ‘the exceptional every day’ which is what we do at Mitie.
. Main duties
- Provide support to the Contract Manager by planning and co-ordinating routine maintenance and additional project work.
- Supervising staff to including participating in training and appraisal activities.
- Lead by example to implement and manage a positive health & safety and quality culture.
- Promote a positive and collaborative team spirit.
- Identify opportunities for any additional works.
- Ensuring that smartphone accessed data systems and processes relating to operational activity and service delivery are properly understood and utilised by operators.
- Oversee winter maintenance operations.
- Holds relevant professional qualifications, and/or has relevant experience.
- Can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems and the management of safe systems of work associated with the role and work environment.
- Able to represent MITIE effectively at both internal and external meetings
- Can demonstrate understanding and experience in planning and supervising static and multi-site maintenance works
- Able to lead, motivate and manage teams safely and effectively
- Be a self-starter willing to take the initiative when necessary and be able to work well within a team to create a positive and safe working environment
- Have an understanding of the need for attention to detail in service delivery and be able to generate this attitude within the operational teams
- Have a positive and professional attitude towards clients and staff
- Flexibility over working hours
- Driving licence essential
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.