Operatives - LTS
- Rosehill House, Aberdeen City, United Kingdom
- Monday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Monday End Time: Not Applicable
- Tuesday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Tuesday End Time: Not Applicable
- Wednesday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Wednesday End Time: Not Applicable
- Thursday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Thursday End Time: Not Applicable
- Friday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Friday End Time: Not Applicable
- Saturday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Saturday End Time: Not Applicable
- Sunday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Sunday End Time: Not Applicable
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Are you looking for a rewarding fixed term contract where you will be able to use your skills to make more of a difference than ever before?
We are looking to recruit operatives for our new COVID-19 testing centre.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
· to enable the testing process to be seamless, ensuring that the individuals visiting the site have as pleasant experience as possible and their visit is managed in a professional way
· participate in ensuring the site is ready for day 1
· Ensuring operations are ready at the beginning of each day, ensuring
that inventory is confirmed and supplies are in place, reporting any issues immediately
· communicate with individuals attending site to be tested
· ensure they understand the process and providing them with
support and reassurance throughout the testing process, observing social distancing and site protocols at all times
· liaise with site leadership team to ensure sufficient PPE and supplies are ordered
· dispose of bio-hazard containers appropriately
· undertake all mandatory training including personal hygiene ensuring personal hygiene is maintained to a high level
· undertake training on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and ensuring PPE is worn and changed in line with site protocols
· be vigilant at all times when on site and highlight any concerns
immediately to the site leadership team
· act in accordance with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, unless derogation has been explicitly given
· perform all the following services in line with Good Industry Practice, unless specific service standards are prescribed
· escalate immediately if it becomes apparent that the site is not or is likely to become non-compliant with any law relating to the environment and sustainability or health and safety and will take all reasonable steps to becoming compliant. This excludes regulations that have been explicitly referred to in derogation.
We are looking for candidates who are:
· happy to work at a Covid Testing Centre
· good communicators & have excellent customer facing skills
· experienced in working with members of the public
· flexible and positive attitude
· team player
· immediately available
A basic Criminal Record Check will be carried out on successful candidates and you need to be aware that you would be subject to drug & alcohol testing.
YOU can play a crucial role in maximising our capacity as a country to fight this outbreak both on a national and local level.
Testing centres will be open 7 days a week, so you will need to be flexible and able to work on a rota basis. Hours worked will be during the day and evening.
Competitive rates of pay and benefits including discount schemes and free virtual GP are on offer.
In addition, applicants must consider the following:
- Full Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied in line with NHS standards.
- Ability to physically stand for several hours
- Willingness to work outside (weather protection will be provided)
- Full training will be provided
- Hours of work to cover a working pattern over 7 days a week with rest breaks.
- Staff facilities including refreshments provided.
- First Aid Support and facilities onsite
As we work with a wide variety of people, including individuals who may be more vulnerable than you, we take the health and well-being of our clients and staff very seriously and sincerely, with this in mind applicants must be in general good health and not classified as in any of the COVID High risk groups therefore:
- Must not have a long-term condition.
- Must not be pregnant.
- Must not have a weakened immune system through medical conditions or therapy.
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable