Service Support Manager
- Lothian Rd, Edinburgh, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Job objectives and responsibilities
• Work is completed within deadlines
• Managing direct reports as well as senior managers in the business
• Organise time to ensure audits and payroll are completed in a timely manner as required
• Maintain and engage in regular communication with clients or their representatives. Obtain feedback on performance and service from clients
• Client’s complaints and concerns are investigated and rectified swiftly recording the actions as required.
• Offer the full range Mitie services to clients
• Ensure subcontractors provide a quality service
• Continuation of Service Levels and all helpdesk calls closed
• Work additional to specification is agreed with client, documented, actioned and costs recovered.
• Branch Manager and Store Management receive reports showing non-conformances and remedial action taken.
• Builds relationships with other SSM’s in area as well we wider relationships with Mitie team
• To ensure that contracts are run safely and efficiently to the required standard. To liaise with clients and monitor site operations
• Create a positive safety culture on sites
• Hazards and risks are assessed prior to work commencing.
• Timely application of current process relating to payroll processes and systems
• Reduce the risk of accidents involving plant, equipment & PPE
• Be compliant with policy and safe working environment for all Mitie employees
• Ensure people are recruited with the right skills and experience following Mitie recruiting processes
• Be responsible for the whole employee lifecycle, ensuring team members are competent and trained for their roles. Ensure absence is monitored, along with conducting all employee relations in conjunction with the People Support team
• Ensure team members have all the information and equipment to perform their duties well.
• Contracts are managed in line with specification and within budget
• Progress against target is monitored each four-weekly period
• Potential problems on sites are minimised, progress is monitored, financial forecast is reviewed
• Highlight problems with senior managers with solutions for these.
Manage operations – maintain quality of services to customer
• Detailed understanding on business needs
• Timely client visits as required to maintain effective relationships and to discuss services provision. Get customers to give written comment on standards. Carry out Q Audits on all sites each month an submit on time
• Carry out cleaning and safety inspections on site, at intervals stated in the Cleaning Quality Plan and in the RAG Audit Book. Deal with non-conformities as a matter of urgency. Document and put into action rectification plan and monitor
• Respond to all helpdesk tasks within agreed KPI’s
• Identify and agree "one-offs" and additional requirements with clients/ customer. Complete a once-off sales order.
• Deal with customer complaints or concerns within 24 hours
• Observe all client and company statutory fire and safety regulations and promote good safety habits. Follow the advice in the Mitie Cleaning Health & Safety Booklet
• Conduct risk assessments in line with policy, completing and ensuring correct storage of relevant paperwork
• Ensure the Contract Cleaning Specification is adhered too
• Inform the client of other MITIE Group Disciplines
• Liaise with subcontractors
• Ensure the KPI is achieved
• Ensure familiarity with the QHSE policy and duties as an individual and manager as part of that policy
• Ensure no portfolio losses due to poor service
Manage finance – Control resources to achieve quality of service whilst keeping within the budget
• Check and request materials and equipment within budget through the Branch Office, monthly/four weekly
• Ensure that plant, equipment and PPE is checked and replaced or repaired as necessary. Record on the "Health & Safety Audit and equipment record card
• Complete time sheets and calculate wages. Ensure wage budgets are not exceeded.
• Agree op centre target with line manager.
• Where applicable, visually check that company vehicles are being used and maintained in the correct and proper manner
• Promotion of all Mitie Service lines
• Control of labour and costs spend by period and by year
• Ensure that payroll information is correct
Manage People – recruit, lead and develop the team
• Monitor and fill vacancies in a timely manner
• Recruit staff using company procedures. Maintain staff numbers at the agreed level
• Induct new and transferred staff in line with company policies and procedures
• Regularly review the training and development needs of individuals. Carry out appraisals where appropriate
• Provide on-site training and support for staff.
• Prepare work schedules and periodic plans
• Ensure Mitie staff adhere to all site rules and maintain a smart appearance including the wearing of uniforms
• Address and carry out required processes in relation to sickness absence, disciplinaries and grievances as required
• Monitor labour turnover, absenteeism and cleaner standards
- Contract files
- Ensure team members undertake relevant training for their roles
- Site communication book
- Site packs
- A/L records through workplace +
• Attend monthly meetings to review the performance on contracts
• Carry out regular Team Briefings with team members
• Manage own time effectively. Weekend working required
• Co-operate with requests from clients and managers and respond to requests for assistance when necessary
• Attend appropriate training sessions
• Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to be flexible
• Strong customer/client focused attitude
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
• Customer relationship and dispute management skills
• Good verbal, IT and written communication skills
• Approachable for team members and client
• People Management, development and leadership skills
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Support the business as required by the ROMs and regional directors
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
• Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
• Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
• Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.