Security Personnel - (self Isolation Checks)
- PLYMOUTH, Plymouth, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Location: MUST live within the Postcode area PL1/PL2/PL3/PL4/PL6
Pay rate: £13.20 per hour (plus defined travel expenses)
· Working in a customer facing role as an ambassador for our client and our brand, you will be required to undertake self-isolation checks at dwellings / premises where individuals have registered their address on entry to the UK using a defined process and script within a 40 - 50 mile radius of your home postcode.
· You will be provided with access to our App to receive your allocated visits which must be completed within the given timescales and you will be required to record visits, compliance and non-compliance in a timely manner back into the business whilst ensuing that any failed checks are revisited in line with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· You will be required to work 8 hours per day (between the hours of 0800 and 2000) taking the necessary breaks required if driving and work a 4-on / 4-off rota which will include weekend working.
· You will need to represent our client where required with external agencies
· Communicate calmly and appropriately
· Listen with empathy
· Always remain polite and professional
· Work efficiently and effectively
· Previous customer service experience, able to deal with customers in a professional and confidential manner
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Undergo screening relevant to the role which will include a Right to Work check and Basic Criminal Record Check which must meet our business requirements
· Have access to a smart phone and be willing to download pre-described Apps
· Access to a vehicle and willing to obtain business insurance and utilise a mileage app to record mileage – mileage will be paid at 45p per mile and paid on a fortnightly basis
· You will be required to sign a confidentiality / Non-disclosure agreement and undertaking all necessary training prescribed by the client or company
Working within the Mitie values and behaviours
People Mitie is a people business. It’s our people, and their drive to do their jobs to the best of their ability that makes us different.
We do what we say we will
How we behave…
· We treat all colleagues with respect
· We challenge people when they don’t do the right thing
· We welcome advice from anyone that might improve what we do
· We are open and honest
· We think safety and always follow rules for safe working
We go out of our way to make a difference
How we behave…
· We work with each other to achieve the best for clients and for Mitie
· We share information to help colleagues succeed
· We build great relationships
· Our first response to requests will always be positive
· We look out for each other, never walking by unsafe actions or situations
We help others to be the best they can be
How we behave…
· We support and encourage each other to develop
· We lead by example
· We set clear expectations
· We listen to and learn from others
· We learn from mistakes and incidents to prevent recurrence
Passion Take our people, add their passion, and you get something really special.
We give it everything we’ve got
How we behave…
· We do good things for each other, the environment and the community
· We appreciate diversity and encourage it
· We demonstrate team spirit
· We are committed to doing things better and setting new standards in all that we do
· We take pride in what we do and have fun doing it
· We celebrate success and say thank you
Fresh thinking We want our people to find inspiration from skill development and career progression, and enjoy respect and recognition for a job well done.
We do things that excite and amaze
How we behave…
· We bring new ideas to the way we do things
· We are willing to try new things
· We encourage and support innovation
· We consider things from other peoples’ points of view
· We embrace new thinking and technologies
· We build health & safety into everything we do
Health and Safety responsibilities
· Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
· Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
· Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
· Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.