Track & Trace Officers
- Newcastle, South Shields, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 53,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
The roles area of responsibility encompasses visiting members of the public on behalf of the Home Office at there residential addresses in Newcastle & Northumberland checking that they are compliant by way of self isolation in conjunction with the terms and conditions in place at the moment in time when they enter the UK.
Hourly Rate £13.20 Plus Mileage
All post-holders are expected to adopt and promote a flexible approach to working, By nature of the role all post-holders are expected to be competent in working under minimal direct supervision within the designated remit and liaising where necessary with the appropriate customers
- Contribute input within a service team to provide a responsive service for stakeholders.
- To carry out the service role effectively in accordance with the published SOP's and any subsequent changes.
- Delivering results that meet and / or exceed the Key performance indicators / Service Level Agreement for the stakeholder through full responsibility and accountability, providing a service that aids in the retention of the contract.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development.
- Contribute input to deliver a stakeholder-focused service
- Contribute to team effort
- Follow documented service procedures, referring to more experienced colleagues with less straightforward issues.
- Demonstrate some pre-employment familiarity with the techniques, and processes used in the service area.
- Learn new skills and techniques on the job working alongside more experienced team members.
- Learn about the hazards and risks within own area of work and report incidents in accordance with recognised procedures and protocols.
- Communicate with supervisor in person or using electronic tools and applications.
- To be aware of and ensure compliance with all aspects of policies and relevant legal and regulatory requirements as directed by the Security Account Manager and in accordance with UK Law and Guidance bodies.
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all of the tasks and duties on site as defined within the published SOP's.
- Proactively refer to and review the SOP's thus familiarising oneself with any changes in order to suggest additional amendments that will improve or enhance the current level of service.
- Comply with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Follow instructions and procedures appropriately without unnecessarily challenging authority
- Work in a systematic, methodology and orderly way.
- Learn and apply strict guidelines and risk assessments to ensure safe, secure practice when working in different environments.
- Follow and apply strict procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with regulations for all activities.
- Apply escalation procedures to highlight interventions required by management
- Wear and use protective equipment and clothing to carry out tasks on a day to day basis.
- Any other reasonable duties.
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all required competency training.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development as directed by the Account Manager.
- Use technology to achieve key work objectives and develop job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development.
- You are required to ensure you renew your licence 16 weeks before expiry.
Security and Health & Safety
- Look out for, and to immediately report, any Health & Safety hazards, or potential hazards, on site.
- Stay alert to any threats or changes within the work environment in order to take the appropriate action to reduce the chance of disruption, loss or damage.
- Use common sense and initiative by immediately involving others if a situation appears to become threatening.
- To maintain professional conduct in the face of difficult situations and challenging customers
- Complete an accurate, detailed notebook entry as soon as possible after any incident, which can then be used as part of the Incident Report process.
- Keep to schedules and demonstrate commitment to Mitie and the Client.
- To ensure check calls are being carried out at the allocated time slot as stipulated SOP's.To call emergency services and Communication Centre to report all incidents.
- Previous Security Experience beneficial but not essential
- Excellent Customer Service & Team Player
- Experience of working with People
Benefits: Holiday, Pensions, SIA licence renewal, Uniform/ongoing training / Refer a friend scheme and other company benefits