Security Officer - Retail Relief £10.00 P/H
- Broad Lane, Tottenham Hale Retail Pk, London, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 53,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Mitie has a great opportunity for Retail Security Officer to work at our sites based in and around Tottenham area. Working at these locations will allow the successful candidate to enjoy discounted benefits whilst gaining high quality experience within the security industry. Full training and a quality induction is provided for the successful candidate.
Paying £9.75 Per Hour. This role would be ideal for a security professional who has a customer service orientated approach; looking to further their working experience within a retail environment. A confident and outgoing personality would be perfect for this role to ensure effective client interaction throughout the shift. The rota provides a good work life balance, with no starts earlier than 0600 and not finishing later than 2100; this is subject to seasonal changes - NO NIGHT SHIFTS.
• You will report into the site’s security operations manager who is supported by the Contract Support Team.
• Acting as a visual deterrent spending approx. 60% of time on the shop floor – able to deter and when required safely detain offenders in accordance with H&S training
• Utilising the store security systems, CCTV, EAS gates, etc, to support the security activity.
• Working in liaison with covert security operatives.
• Investigating any losses, empty packaging, support enquiries regarding known offenders.
• Completing full and accurate incident reports and company documentation
• Reporting Crime incidents to Crime Centre on a company provided tablet.
• Completing routine patrols of the store to ensure customer safety and maintaining a strong security presence to all members of the public.
• Recording completed patrols in daily activity sheets in liaison with the store point of contact.
• Attending the store briefings to provide a security update.
• Conducting shift handover procedures at the start and end of each shift to ensure all matters of concern or note occurring during a shift are passed on for the purposes of service and incident management continuity.
• Maintaining a safe and secure environment for all.
• Unrestricted right to work full time in the UK for a minimum period of 12 months
• Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
• Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
• Have a five - year checkable employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self- employment or full and part time education during that period
• Own transport
• Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
• Previous experience of working in a retail Security role
It’s the little things that count –
• Generous Staff Discount at 20% (subject to qualifying period)
• Free SIA license renewal
• Competitive holiday entitlement – 28 days annual leave
• A personal learning hub, that also provides access to Additional Training
• Full uniform
• A wide range of discounts with selected companies
• Overtime availability
• A supportive management support network
• Paid breaks
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.