£9.50P/H 60 P/W SIA Licensed Concierge Edinburgh City Centre
- Princes St, Edinburgh, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Security Concierge to join the Total Security Management Tea in a new corporate building in Edinburgh.
Shift: Monday to Friday 07:00 to 1900 (60 Hours per week)
Pay Rate £9.50
- The selected candidate will demonstrate their character as determined, trustworthy, attentive and approachable at all times when welcoming clients and customers – ensuring ID badges are created, allocated and collected when appropriate.
- As the first point of contact for all customers and clients, the Security Agents must have geographically aware of their local surroundings.
- Must be able to operate the phones, emails, IT systems, CCTV and Alarms, Doors and Car park as required.
- The Concierge must be attentive and stop all suspicious sightings or potential criminal activity and retain full control until the arrival of emergency services.
- Reporting to the Site Facilities Manager– they must record, report and escalate any issues that arise over the course of a shift..
- Strong IT skills are a must for this role.
- Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
- 5 year work history Vetting essential before start position.
- The Concierge will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- The Concierge security officer should be able to work on own initiative.
- Corporate Security experience.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit business needs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to go above and beyond to support the client and visitors
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- It is important that the right candidate iis calm under pressure.
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable