Shift Engineer Multi-Skilled
- Handyside St, Kings Cross, London N1C, UK
We are a leading FM service provider for an IFM contract for its new office buildings in central London at Kings Cross. We are looking to achieve exceptional levels of customer focussed, technology rich FM services that ‘break the mould’ of traditional FM, and provide levels of service and forms of delivery that are complimentary to the culture and ambition of this world leading organisation.
The client is a leading edge technology company and part of one of the most successful organisations in the world.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Job objectives & responsibilities
• To be responsible for all maintenance, reactive & small works within the scope of the portfolio.
• To ensure that all PPM & reactive works are carried out efficiently & to the client’s satisfaction.
• To attend relevant team meetings, toolbox talks & training as required.
• To ensure personnel under your control work efficiently & maintain required standards.
• To ensure compliance with Quality, Safety, Health & Environmental standards.
• Day-to-day maintenance activities including PPM & reactive requests as directed by the help-desk or the Building Performance Manager
• Participate in internal & external audits.
• To ensure Risk Assessments are completed & maintained. Control measures adopted in compliance with statutory provisions & codes of practice & guidance.
• Be on a call out rota to provide the client with full out of hours cover.
• Assist other team members when required or as directed by the Building Performance Manager.
• Ensure that all tasks are completed within SLA.
• Supervision of visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work & Health & Safety.
• All duties to be carried out in accordance with company policies & procedures.
• To understand & complete all work related documentation accurately & on time.
• To carry out work in a safe & diligent manner.
• To attend & fully participate in training & appraisal activities as required.
• To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required, including fabric & mechanical tasks.
• City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 & 2 qualification or equivalent
• 18th edition IEE wiring regulations
• Experience of maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment including
- Boiler plant, HVAC, pumps, generators, switch-gear, wiring & cabling
- Batteries, small power & lighting
- Strong Electrical Background
• Be flexible & carry out duties which are not electrically biased
• Be pro-active & have the ability to anticipate &/or diagnose & repair faults
• Have the ability to supervise site contractors
• Hold a full clean driving licence
• Able to work at heights of up to 3 metres & lift weights of up to 25kg
• Knowledge of Health & Safety & safe working practices
• Strong customer care focus
• Good communication skills
• Computer Literate
• Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate & timely manner
Health & Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group & company policies & procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health & safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment & PPE properly & in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager & /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
The ideal candidate will be required to work day & night shifts. This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position & the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks & objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role &/or the needs of the business.