Contracts Manager - Regional Roofing
- Aztec W, Almondsbury, Bristol BS32, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
To successfully and profitably manage existing and new contracts, delivering contractual standards and meeting all QHSE requirements.
Achieve the project and overall roofing budget as set.
The effective and cohesive liaison and promotion of clear communication between estimating and sales teams in the region and nationally.
• Promote and advance QHSE compliance across all aspects of the contract/project works.
• To be responsible for the profitable and safe delivery of projects.
• Provide account management focus to relevant contracts to assist in the delivery of new works.
• Manage a team of Site Supervisors/Operatives/sub-contractors to ensure compliance and standards across the division.
• Take a pro-active role in visiting clients and carrying out customer care to ensure they are satisfied with project delivery.
• Implement strategy to ensure budgeted needs are met.
• Reporting on contract/project costs.
• Day to day management of relevant employees/subcontractors including conduct, performance, attendance and capability. Taking the necessary and appropriate actions to address any inappropriate behaviour or low standards, with support and advice from HR.
• Attendance on HR related coursed to ensure competence in dealing with people management responsibilities.
• Training and development of the staff within the portfolio and to comply with the company requirements in respect of IIP.
• Play an integral role in the development of regional strategy and liaise closely with other regional staff.
• Assume responsibility for compliance to Employment Law, Health & Safety Legislation & guidance and all relevant statutory requirements needed to do the job in conjunction with other departments.
• Ensure health & Safety standards are never compromised and that processes and documentation is regularly reviewed and maintained
• Manage the risk to the organisation through contractual awareness of main contractor terms and conditions.
• Monitor and control supplier costs and subcontractors.
• Preparation of building variation budgets
• Implement contractual cost reductions.
• Liaise with the estimating and sales teams to take responsibility for handover of new projects within the region.
• Provide reports and collate evidence for submissions in respect of public liability claims.
• Ensure that the portfolio is compliant.
• Participate in training and development activities as appropriate.
• Lead the team by example, promoting values and development opportunities.
• Undertake other duties as requested by the Line Manager.
• To understand and complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time.
• To understand and comply with Mitie policies and procedures.
• To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner.
• To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required.
• To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
The jobholder must have and be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes.
• Be an effective leader
• Be an effective people manager
• Proficient in the writing of construction phase plans, risk assessments and method statements for all undertaken works.
• Holder of current SMSTS qualification.
• Construction Health & Safety qualification IOSH, NEBOSH Construction
• Decision maker
• Organised planning,
• Ability to programme works
• Effective delegator
• Good communicator
• Attention to detail.
• Be able to work at height.
• Good knowledge and use of Excel, Word and relevant Microsoft systems.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and / or via your divisional incident reporting system
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.