Security Officer (Core Security)
- London Area, london, LONDON, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
This is a permanent position paying £13.50ph 56 hrs pw
Security officer standard working at construction site and once project is completed officers will move onto data centre.
- Ensure good timekeeping and attendance for all allocated shifts.
- Employees must ensure that you wait for your relief to attend shift and complete a handover, should your relief fail to show or blow out then you MUST contact MiTec and receive further instructions.
- Promote exceptional teamwork with colleagues everyday.
- Controlling access and egress of staff and visitors.
- Reception duties, including meet and greet.
- Public interaction, (Location dependant). Customer service front facing polite and professional interactions.
- Maintain a positive relationship with members of the public through communication and conflict management skills.
- Respond professionally and enhance the quality and reputation of your service.
- Identify positive alternatives to physical intervention and understand the importance of only using physical intervention as a last resort.
- Patrols utilising Mobile patrol system, (Location dependant).
- Issues/incident communications with control room, customer contacts and Mitec.
- Ensuring that site locations/buildings are secure by ensuring that all people accessing are checked at the point of entry ensuring they have the right to enter.
- As far as possible ensure that no-one is allowed to proceed through security check points without complying with the requirements in force at the time.
- Supporting the delivery of security requirements and ensuring that issues that affect the security of the site are brought to the attention of the security supervisor (if applicable), customer and Operations Manager.
- Operation and control of barrier/gate systems where utilised.
- On-site security patrolling and other secondary security duties.
- Available to work shifts including days, nights, public holidays and weekends either on a set shift pattern or on a relief basis, usually working in line with business demands.
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test and be subject to random testing throughout employment.
- Able to perform searches which involves bending, stretching and twisting, (when required).
- Able to move baggage in and out of X-Ray machine and storage lockers, involves bending, stretching and twisting.
- Able to gain and to maintain an SIA licence.
- Willing to undergo a 5-year employment check and able to account for a full 5-year history, providing evidence of all employment, unemployment, training etc during this period in line with strict vetting criteria.
- Able to provide I.D documentation proving identity, right to work and all previous and current addresses in line with strict vetting criteria.
- No Current Convictions (Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 will apply)
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Candidate must be physically fit and have no limitiations with lifting
SIA licence required
SIA CCTV – would be an advantage
3-day first aid at work would be an advantage.
The requirement is to provide security for a high value construction site. The completed site will be an operational data centre for a client who is expanding across London.
If individuals employed as part of the construction development show good skills, discipline, and perform to the client’s high standard, then there may be an opportunity to continue growth within the data centre operation.