Air Services Technician
- London Bridge St, London SE1, UK
- Monday Start Time: 08:00
- Monday End Time: 00:00
- Tuesday Start Time: 08:00
- Tuesday End Time: 00:00
- Wednesday Start Time: 08:00
- Wednesday End Time: 00:00
- Thursday Start Time: 08:00
- Thursday End Time: 00:00
- Friday Start Time: 08:00
- Friday End Time: 00:00
- Saturday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Saturday End Time: Not Applicable
- Sunday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Sunday End Time: Not Applicable
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
- Working as part of a specialised delivery team who aim to provide excellent levels of service.
- Working 40 hours per week which may include variable shift patterns.
- Have a flexible approach to working (overtime/shift work/weekend work) depends upon the client needs.
- Have a positive “can do” attitude with the ability to problem solve.
- Act as an ambassador for Mitie Water & Air.
- Behaviours – have a desire to be professional, well manored and polite at all times
- Able to follow to instructions safely (method and risk assessment),
- Be Health and Safety aware, including all aspects of the direct task being undertaken including your surrounding environment.
- Have the ability to complete the allocated servicing work and the associated reporting diligently and in a timely manner.
- Have good clear communication skills, understand the need to keep your line manager frequently updated.
- Be a strong team player, who is self-motivated, works proactively to an exacting standard at all times.
- Be an honest, organised and trustworthy individual, who presentable to the client and proud to represent Mitie.
- Willingness to undertake training and development which is linked to the role when offered.
- The role will require the use of a PC, PDA, Tablet for reporting and hand tools, chemicals, access equipment and PPE.
- Role can involve working away from home from time to time which involves overnight stays as per business needs.
- The individual will be required to work at height using access equipment so must be physically fit.
- Act as a representative of Mitie Water & Air carrying out service work as detailed by your line manager and supervisor.
· Complete servicing work and technical reports/ paperwork as required. Completed in manual and electronic formats
· Ability to perform analytical surveys of ventilation systems prior to start of work
· Carry out allocated service/remedial repair work within agreed time schedules at specific locations.
· Adhere to the clients and Mitie company’s Health & Safety policy, quality procedures including site access requirements at all times.
· Understand and follow the relevant industry guidelines and bespoke customer specifications (explained by the air operations supervisor)
· Be prepared to contribute to a call out rota for out of hours work (where needed).
· Be available to carry out necessary works outside normal 08:00 – 17:00 hours. Predominantly 15:00 – 00:00
· Be willing to support weekend work as directed by the client contract.
· Be flexible and willing to support other depts within Mitie Water & Air as reasonably required by your line manager, including (but not limited to) water hygiene testing.
Hygiene Ducting Inspections and cleans
· Complete ductwork cleaning tasks within a team environment:
· Inspection and assessment experience beneficial.
· Kitchen extract cleaning in accordance with TR/19.
· Supply and extract ventilation cleaning in accordance with TR/19.
· The use of cleaning fluids, brushes, scrappers and sprays will be required
Fire Dampers Testing
Complete Fire Damper testing tasks which include:
· Testing in accordance with BS:9999 & RRFSO 2005
· An understanding of compartmentalisation strategy would be beneficial.
· Ability to manually test the operation of inline fire damper device.
· Dampers are located within various types of ducting located above ceilings, which requires the careful removal of ceiling tiles and access hatches to simulate the damper operation
· Documenting and recording the damper condition and physical location for the service report is key.
Air Quality Testing
Complete Air Quality tasks which include:
· Collection of air quality data and samples.
· Completion of air quality reports.
· LEV experience beneficial (but not essential)
· Understand the guidelines set by HSE and CIBSE in regard to workplace exposure limits.
· Able to work individually or as a member of a team.
· Able to work with or without direct supervision.
· Physically able to complete required duties for the above roles – Requires physical labour on a daily basis in various weather conditions.
· Able to deal communicate directly with customers in a professional manner and represent the company.
· Have good customer care/relationship skills which allows a client to build trust
· Ability to complete onsite service reports.
· Ability to manage change successfully.
· Flexibility and open minded to working outside of normal working office hours
· Potential to be able to work away from home on a semi regular basis.
· Manage own expenses and complete the claims process.
· Ability and knowledge to use computers/PDA’s
· Basic understanding of Microsoft Office programmes.
· Full driving licence required with no less than 12 months driving experience on a full licence
- No more than 6 points current or pending on the driving licence and no driving bans within last 5 years.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.