Night Shift Mobile/Retail Security Officer 10.22 per hour 40 & 16 Hours per week
- Doncaster, Doncaster, United Kingdom
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
To protect our customer’s property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance with the sites published Assignment Instructions (AI’s) and any subsequent changes.
Delivering results that meet and / or exceed the Key performance indicators / Service Level Agreement for the customer through full responsibility and accountability, providing a service that aids in the retention of the contract.
To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development.
working 2 nights a week with the likelihood of going to 5 nights please
To be aware of and ensure compliance with all aspects of policies and relevant legal and regulatory requirements as directed by the Operations Manager and in accordance with UK Law and Guidance bodies.
Fully and satisfactorily complete all of the tasks and duties on site as defined within the published Assignment Instructions (AI’s).
Proactively refer to and review the published Assignment Instructions, thus familiarising oneself with any changes in order to suggest additional amendments that will improve or enhance the current level of service.
To be compliant with Industry and Statutory Legislation (you are required to obtain a front-line licence in either Security Guarding or Door Supervision), which must be worn at all times whilst carrying out your duties.
Comply with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
Follow instructions and procedures appropriately without unnecessarily challenging authority
Work in a systematic, methodology and orderly way.
Fully and satisfactorily complete all required competency training.
To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development as directed by the Operations Manager
Use technology to achieve key work objectives and develop job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development.
You are required to ensure you renew your licence 16 weeks before expiry.
Security and Health & Safety
· Look out for, and to immediately report, any Health & Safety hazards or issues with regards to site deliveries.
· Stay alert to any threats or changes within the work environment in order to take the appropriate action to reduce the chance of disruption, loss or damage.
· Use common sense and initiative by immediately involving others if a situation appears to become threatening.
· To maintain professional conduct in the face of difficult situations and challenging customers
· Complete an accurate, detailed notebook entry as soon as possible after any incident, which can then be used as part of the Incident Report process.
· Keep to schedules and demonstrate commitment to Mitie and the Client.
Previous Security Experience
Keyholding Experience in accordance with 7894
Clean Driving License Required
SIA License Required
Able to carry out safe manual handling as they will be pushing and manoeuvring food cages on wheels.
Ability to work Store alarms
There are 2 positions one will be 5 nights and the other will be 2 nights with covering annual leave and sickness.
Position is potentially going permanent.