GMP Cleaning Operative (Weekend)
- Southdown View Way, Worthing BN14, UK
- Monday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Monday End Time: Not Applicable
- Tuesday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Tuesday End Time: Not Applicable
- Wednesday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Wednesday End Time: Not Applicable
- Thursday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Thursday End Time: Not Applicable
- Friday Start Time: Not Applicable
- Friday End Time: Not Applicable
- Saturday Start Time: 07:00
- Saturday End Time: 15:00
- Sunday Start Time: 07:00
- Sunday End Time: 15:00
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Weekend Job: Saturday and Sunday
· Observe COSHH principles and use cleaning chemicals safely as detailed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health guidelines (COSHH). Ensure full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents using correct dilution rates where applicable, wearing full PPE where provided.
· Draw to the attention of the Team Leader low levels of cleaning material stocks where appropriate so that replacement/new supplies can be re-ordered.
· Ensure full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents and use cleaning equipment as directed by the Cleaning Team Leader only after correct training is given. Report immediately any equipment which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use.
· Ensure that the safety signage is used appropriately at all times, e.g. wet floor signs.
· Ensure that cleaning stores are kept clean and tidy and participate in stock checks if required.
· Ensure that equipment is kept scrupulously clean, is maintained in good safe working order and is stored correctly at all times.
· Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance to comply with Statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified.
· To ensure all waste - general office, cans, paper and plastic cups - is recycled daily using correct waste streams, and avoid creating unnecessary waste.
· To maintain high standards of operational hygiene thereby minimising potential for cross contamination.
· To ensure all times that the Company and Statutory regulations of Health and Safety are adhered to, promoting good safety habits and methods of work.
· To comply with GSK and Mitie standard working practices, and ensure GSK “myLearning” is up to date.
· To report, and where possible take action relating to client complaints or compliments.
· To report, and where possible take action relating to any incidences, near misses, accidents, fire, loss, theft, or other damage.
· To promote a friendly and helpful atmosphere at all times with Mitie colleagues and GSK client/customers.
· Draw to the attention of the Team Leader any potential hazards on site or infringements of Health and Safety Legislation.
· Attend training courses and meetings as necessary to maintain standards in the contract and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently.
· To assist and be flexible by providing cover in other areas as requested by the Management and Team Leaders as required.
· To change work activities to meet changing business circumstances.
· Complete all reasonable Management requests relating to the workplace.
Specialist GMP requirements
- Maintain the highest standard of cleanliness in designated areas, strictly observing SOP standards.
- To complete prompt and accurate reports and/or log books, raising issues as soon as they arise.
- Ensure regular checks of equipment and report all defects/faults immediately.
- To ensure full compliance to GXP operating standards of cleaning, PPE, paperwork and conduct as applicable.
· Previous cleaning experience preferable.
· He/she will be a good team player, will have a flexible approach to the working environment and may be asked to provide cover in other areas when required.
Good English language proficiency to enable understanding of instructions, safety signs, SOPS, and Health and Safety related training.
- Must be able to complete an Enhanced Disclosure in line with the Contract requirements.
- Must be able to work the shift pattern discussed.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.