Cleaning Assistant (Healthcare)
- Penventinnie Ln, Treliske, Truro, UK
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Uses products carefully, and in line with instruction, and looks after equipment, keeping it clean, well maintained and is a safe working order
- Reports any safety deficiencies, incidents, near misses, ill health and environmental incidents to their manager.
- Ensures company safety arrangements and procedures are followed at all times. Brings any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided to the attention of the Manager
- Complies with standards as set up in the company procedures and through training delivered.
- Ensures that all times they comply with the NHS colour coding system
- Awareness and compliance with legal and company regulations relating to Health and Safety, HACCP, Food Hygiene, Employment Law, Fire regulations, HR Procedures, training guidelines and procedures.
- Has full knowledge and understanding of the designated cleaning area, including the agreed work to be carried out and time allocated to their area.
- Ensures that the reactive cleaning service is as required as per SLA requirement, and recorded as required.
- Effectively cleans clinical / Non-clinical and sanitary areas within the allocated area of the hospital using the correct tools and equipment. All areas to be cleaned to the prevailing standards.
- Undertakes additional duties as required by their supervisor in line with capabilities.
- Communicates effectively with all the teams to ensure there is a seamless way of working across the contract.
- Brings to life the Mitie values on a daily basis and demonstrates the exceptional everyday.
- Works safely at all times giving due consideration for the safety of others and the environment.
- Manual handling & some bending / stretching / heavy lifting required.
- Upholds and reflects the vision and values of the Trust and Mitie in all actions and behaviours.
- Has basic written and spoken English skills
- A strong communicator, who can easily interact with customers and team members
- Enthusiastic and Conscientious. Diligent and committed. A flexible approach, and "can do attitude" together with the ability to self-prioritise will be required
- Maintains a good working relationship with; Mitie employees, NHS trust employees and hospital patients
- Represents Mitie and the client at all times in a professional, courteous and confident manner
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
• Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
• Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
• Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.