Mobile Air Conditioning Engineer
- Mitie, Lancaster, Lancaster, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Job objectives and responsibilities
• To operate, maintain and manage efficiently with the minimum of supervision new and existing building services to specified standards as determined by the company. To manage PPM, Day works, Statutory compliance and Call-outs as appropriate.
• To be able to perform maintenance, repair, de-commissioning and re-commissioning of systems and equipment within the scope of their specific disciplines, with the minimum of supervision.
• The job holder shall participate in the functions and activities of the Regional team as required ensuring that all equipment within their control is correctly maintained and repaired, maximising plant efficiency on operation and the safety of all other personnel at all times.
• Participation on Call Out Rota is Required
- To maintain optimum performance and standards of client premises and operate allocated sites professionally and effectively in line with Company Standards.
- To use handheld technology for all planned and reactive works
- Ensuring plant/equipment is maintained in accordance with the Planned Preventative Maintenance System.
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
- To be fully aware of contractual requirements at all times.
- Ensuring that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents/records maintained accurately.
- Remain fully aware of Customer needs at all times.
- The incumbent must be flexible enough to undertake duties to accommodate operational requirements.
- Conduct appointed tasks ensuring compliance with Company Safety Policy, Procedures, relevant Codes of Practice and Statutory Regulations.
- Ensuring compliance to the Company’s and Clients Permit to Work Systems.
- Carry out all work to MITIE TFM Energy and Technical Services environmental standards to minimise emissions and comply with COSHH requirements.
- Assist in the implementation and operation of a planned maintenance system, by co-ordinating and ensuring the adequacy and accuracy of data input to the system across an area of responsibility as directed.
- Repair defective equipment effectively or recommend remedial action as appropriate.
- Carry out routine planned maintenance work.
- Assist in the identification and ordering of spare parts.
- Assist as required in the installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Operate as directed with other trades and departments.
- Train and assist, as directed, other Technicians and colleagues.
- Assist in the implementation of improvements to the Company and Regional Procedures and systems, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Assist in the planning of work with Contract Managers and Senior Engineer alike.
- Participate as required in duty standby/call-out rosters and emergency response teams as required.
- Stand-in, as required, for Area colleagues.
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- Educated to a minimum of City and Guilds (or equivalent) but should preferably have an HNC (or equivalent)
- F Gas Qualification
- Knowledge of BMS system
- Should have served time as an apprenticeship or followed a recognised formal training programme and completed at least additional experience in a related industry environment.
- Full driving licence
- Able to cope under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to diagnose and repair equipment taking a solution focused approach
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.