CCTV Control Room Manager
- Pavilion Dr, Northampton NN4, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
· Lead the day-to-day management of the SOC Team Leaders and operators
· Develop and maintain all SOC operational processes and procedures driving compliance, governance and best practice to mitigate risks to M&S
· Review and maintain responses and processes to identified threats, include them in operational procedures and communicate improvements and updates frequently
· Create, Develop and Implement effective means to raise M&S colleagues’ awareness on criminal activity and actions to take
· Work closely with the M&S SOC Team Leaders, to ensure incident management, live monitoring and other core SOC tasks are completed in line with defined M&S SOC processes
· Work with the M&S Team Leaders to plan resource and workload capacity on a weekly basis (with daily amends where necessary) through the efficient deployment of people, equipment, systems and other available resources. Establish work priorities and match them to these resources
· Ensure workflow is monitored and controlled within the team to ensure capacity is high and downtime, duplication and wasted effort are minimised through use of daily huddles
· Ensure the team processes fault reports relating to various products and services received in verbal, written or electronic form and pass such reports on to the appropriate agency/stakeholder for resolution, in accordance with the operating procedures
·Ensure processing standards are high and errors minimised
· Ensure errors are raised and corrected promptly to prevent matters escalating into complaints
·Work and communicate with other support functions as appropriate to ensure workflow is effective and delivers the right output in the right timescales
·Demonstrate an excellent understanding of all systems in use in the SOC, enabling the team to respond appropriately to any signals or messages received and guide their team in doing the same
· Create and drive a customer service focused culture and promote client awareness across the M&S SOC team
· Maintain great working relationships with external partners e.g. Police, RDM and Southern Monitoring to ensure a joined up connected service
· Ensure compliance with GDPR and Company and Client quality standards
· Where appropriate, implement actions to protect the business and mitigate non-compliance at all times
· Complete ad-hoc projects as designated by the client, or Head of Sector – Retail on time and to a high standard.
·Lead and drive the team in a way that is in line with company values and behaviours and to develop the team to fulfil their potential and to exceed client’s expectations
· Ensure that performance excellence is recognised formally and informally, and via the company recognition schemes
· Coach team members to achieve processing performance through technical capability
· Involve team in problem solving, workflow creation and improvement ideas to gain the best solutions whilst creating the buy in and engagement of team members
· Proactively manage the team to ensure high levels of performance and attendance including daily huddles, 121s and PDRs
· Be a single point of contact for the M&S Account Director
· Agree escalation points for the M&S network including M&S Stakeholders, Divisional/Regional teams and Store Management.
· Positively promote M&S externally, and lead the process to meet the clear objective of attaining widespread recognition and industry awards
Essential Skills and Experience
· Demonstrate a high level of sector business leadership skills and experience and possess a proven track record for building and managing winning teams
· Experience of managing and monitoring KPI performance
· Experienced in achieving SLAs, identifying gaps against standards, and implementing improvement solutions
· Solid organisational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple priorities and achieve tight deadlines
· Ability to accurately follow detailed processes
· Ability to lead and motivate a diverse team to provide excellent customer service
· A decisive and assertive decision maker
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with a strong teamwork ethic
· Experience of working within a demanding fast-paced environment
· Computer literate with a variety of software, including Microsoft Office and bespoke software
· Good educational background and a solid command of written and spoken English
· Strong communication and customer service skills
· Ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions
· Good communication skills, verbal and written
· Experience of team working
· Reliable, flexible (may have to work night shifts on occasion) and discreet
· A positive attitude and ability to deal with pressure professionally
Desirable Skills and Experience
· SIA Licence holder - CCTV & minimum non-front-line Guarding. (Training can be provided)
· Experience monitoring CCTV
· Relevant industry experience - ability to demonstrate an understanding of SOC requirements and processes
· Knowledge of the retail market
· An excellent working knowledge of all processes and procedures associated with a manned Security Operations
Centre (SOC) including incident response, CCTV monitoring, remote access, and key-holding
· Previous achievement of performance targets and driving performance through utilising metrics
· Excellent report-writing skills with sharp attention to detail
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.