Multi Skilled Engineer - Electrical
- London Bridge St, London SE1, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
This role is a shift based position which will require the candidate to work on a 4 days on, 4 off rotation. These shifts will rotate between, days and nights for example:
4 days 07:00 - 19:00, 4 days off, followed by 4 nights 19:00 - 07:00, 4 days off
- Responsible to a Shift Leader for undertaking electrical/mechanical works on a wide range of building services reactive and planned maintenance throughout the London Estate. The work is undertaken on a shift basis to ensure 24hr cover for the London Estate. All shift teams to be complementary with balance of electrical and mechanical support across the sites
- To carryout duties in compliance with MITIE Engineering Services Policies and Procedures
- To perform tasks in a professional manner to a suitable standard to meet both Client and MITIE expectations
- To ensure that so far as is reasonably practicable MITIE reacts efficiently and effectively in line with client SLA’s and KPI’s
- Customer focused service.
- High standard of planned preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Able to carry out planned and corrective maintenance works.
- Able to produce accurate reports on works carried out.
- Able to carry out testing/rewiring/installation works to 18th Edition IEE Regs.
- Able to use diagnostic equipment and work from technical manuals and drawings.
- Able to work off ladders and at heights.
- Able to identify visual plant defects, warning lights and indicators.
- Able to monitor and record plant performance.
- Proactive involvement in the ongoing technical evaluation of all plant and equipment, suggestion of improvements where appropriate.
- Accurate recording and reporting of maintenance activity to ensure CAFM database is correctly updated.
- Carrying out operational and maintenance activities as directed by the Lead Technician, whilst ensuring work is executed in a safe and suitable manner
- Working as directed to ensure timely completion of PPM’s and reactive work to SLA.
- Identifying faults and accurately diagnosing root causes.
- Monitoring and maintaining equipment performance to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the sites.
- Competent in operation of building services plant and equipment.
- Comprehensive understanding of building services and proficient in maintenance of:
- Power, distribution and switching
- Motors controls
- Lighting systems
- Stand by generators
- Electrical test procedures and certification
- Controls systems
- Inverter operation and design
- Fire alarm/PA systems.
- Understanding of health and safety issue relating to own work and site.
- City & Guilds craft certificate/ONC etc.
- Recognised craft apprenticeship
- Training certificate to IEE 18th Edition
- Training courses appropriate to work area.
- Two years post apprenticeship experience in similar role.
- Comprehensive understanding of Building Services.
- C&G 2391 or equivalent desirable
- Full in depth, intrusive security checks to be completed for successful candidate
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
• Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
• Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
• Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.