- Europa Way, Stockport SK3, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
· To supervise a multi-disciplined team , sub-contractors and any other specialists attending the client’s premises, to achieve the highest level of service to the buildings’ occupants in the most cost effective , technically competent and safe manner
· To provide support to the Management in the efficient use of labour and materials by co-ordinating all planned and reactive maintenance work across various premises
· Can demonstrate understanding and leading by example for health and safety. Understands the relevance of tool box talks and safe systems of working.
· Holds relevant professional qualifications (e.g. mechanical, electrical, building services, air conditioning/refrigeration) – minimum standard C&G level III or equivalent
· Understands the administration and application of a PPM system
· Able to understand and act on both verbal and written instructions/procedures
· Computer literate
Must be smart and presentable
· Pro-actively demonstrate and work to the Company’s values of People, Passion, Fresh Thinking and Exciting Futures
· Ensure self and team carry out duties in accordance with all Health and Safety procedures, Codes of Practice and Statutory Regulations
· Manage the shift rota and ensure all shifts are fully covered.
· Ensure all tasks are carried out to the highest standard of customer service and that work is completed on time, within budget and meets Service Level Agreements or Key Performance Indicators
· Undertake supervision, coaching, support and development for team members
· Day to day management of relevant employees including conduct, performance, attendance and capability. Taking the necessary and appropriate actions to address any inappropriate behaviour or low standards, with the support and advice of HR.
· Build effective relationships with the client, answering queries, keeping them informed about site activities and developments
· Identify opportunities for, and then organise and manage to completion, any additional works in accordance with any repair and replacement contractual requirements
· Act as the primary point of contact for all Customer queries
· Monitor, co-ordinate and manage services provided by specialists and/or sub-contractors
· Undertake scheduled audits on the performance of the subcontractors to ensure their performance continues to provide the best value-for-money service
· Ensure compliance for all necessary Permit to Work Systems
· Assist in the implementation of improvements to procedures and systems, making recommendations as appropriate
· Adopt a pro-active approach to the management of all energy an environmental issues in line with the contract requirements
· To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
· To understand and comply with policies and procedures
· To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
· Ensure self and team comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
· To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required