Multi Skilled Gas and Plumbing Engineer
- Main Street, Wigan, Wigan, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
· To undertake the maintenance and repair of the Gas and Plumbing and Mechanical service, including fabric tasks of buildings as required under contract.
· To carry out reactive tasks within SLA’s
· Take ownership of the buildings and sub contractors
· Will be part of on call rota
· This role will cover various contracts throughout the region
· Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance and complete the appropriate paperwork and reports
· Carry out Reactive and emergency tasks and complete the associated paperwork.
· Use handheld technology within the allocated timescales
· Assist other team members when required or as directed from Operations Supervisor/Contract Manager
· Ensure that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales.
· Supervision of visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work and Health and Safety, issue of appropriate Permits, controlling small works , escort duties as required.
· Adopt a flexible attitude in relation to assisting on other properties within the portfolio.
· All duties carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
· To forge and maintain excellent customer relations with on site clients at all times
· To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
· To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
· To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
· To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
· Qualified to City & Guilds
· Experience of maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment
- Including, boiler plant, ventilation, pumps, generators, switchgear, cables,
- Batteries, small power and lighting (where applicable)
· Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
Gas Safe Qualifications in COCN1, ICPN1, ICEA1, TPCP1, CIGA1, CORT1, CCN1 & CEN1.
· Strong customer care focus.
· Good communication skills.
· Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults
· Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate and timely manner.
· Interest in career development/progression