Senior Site Supervisor
- Lutterworth Rd, Burbage, Hinckley LE10, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
We are looking for passionate people to join our Mitie team that delivers exceptional every day; we offer a great place to work with many benefits.
Salary: Basic rate £11.50/hr
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday
Flexibility is essential, the role will require occasional early starts and late finishes, occasional work over the weekends to support shutdowns
Contract : Permanent
- Have full knowledge and understanding of the designated cleaning area, including the agreed work to be carried out and time allocated to the area.
- Ensure designated areas are being maintained to an agreed level of cleanliness in line with the Contract and relevant contractual standards, and all daily, weekly and periodic tasks are being carried out as directed by the Site Manager.
- Have a full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises and attend all necessary training to be able to use this equipment.
- Assist and liaise with the site Manager / supervisors in the operation of all teams on issues and initiatives.
- Carry out requested/needed staff training and keep records.
- Observe all Company and Client statutory fire and safety regulations and to promote good safety habits and methods of work.
- Carry out site walks as well as weekly audits with customers when requested by Line Manager.
- Support the Line Manager in managing and developing effective relationships with key customers.
- Deal with any complaints immediately in conjunction with the Site Manager.
- Be aware of annual budget and agreed targets with National Account Manager/ Regional Operations Manager.
- Support Line Manager in recruiting, leading and developing the team.
- Ensure appropriate inductions are carried out and development plans are in place.
- When requested by Site Manager, support to enforce and monitor disciplinary and grievance practices in own branch in accordance with staff handbook and starter form.
- Pension - We offer two pensions schemes - Scottish Widows and People Pension, so you can save money each month while you're working and look forwards to a comfortable retirement.
- Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, Salary Finance, Employee Assistance Programme, Save As You Earn Scheme
- Mitie Stars is part of our reward package – it's our employee recognition scheme, the overall winner takes home a dream prize of their choice worth up to £15,000.
- Employee of the Month Scheme – it's our contract specific recognition scheme where we give out monthly vouchers of £25 & £50 and the overall winner takes home vouchers worth £300
- MiDeals: Is our employee discount portal that provides fantastic savings at all our favourite high street stores.
- Life assurance for all employees we provide a lump sum of at least 1 x your basic pay (with a minimum lump sum payment of £10,000) will be paid to beneficiaries you have nominated.
- Free access to a Virtual GP Service for you and all members in your household.
- Access to online e-learning platform with more than 200 courses, including the English language
- Management/ supervision experience preferred
- Cleaning experience preferred
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- IT literate
- Good admin skills
- Ability to work to set schedules and on own initiative
- Flexibility essential in workload and possibly hours if needed
- Undertake variety of tasks that are within this role, both internal and external
- Needs to represent Mitie values on site by being presentable, approachable and helpful at all times
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Confident in writing and delivering contractual reports
- Flexible to change allowing business improvement
- Able to identify talent for the future
- You will be required to complete the basic disclosure (DBS check) in line with the Contract requirements, we will arrange this for you.
- You will be required to undertake the drug and alcohol screening test.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.