Cleaning Shift Supervisor Night Shift (Permanent)
- Lutterworth Rd, Burbage, Hinckley LE10, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
We are looking for passionate people to join our Mitie team that delivers exceptional every day; we offer a great place to work with many benefits.
Salary: Basic rate £10.98/hr
Hours: 12 hrs/day (Including 1 hr unpaid break)
Shift Pattern: 4on/4off
Contract : Permanent
- To supervise / operate specific equipment, cleaning practises and use of chemicals to the correct operational guidelines.
- To assist and liaise with the site Manager in the operation of the Night Shift on issues and initiatives.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety is understood and adhere to the site rules and maintain a smart appearance.
- To carry out a daily and weekly check of all machinery to make sure that it is in a safe working condition and reporting any faults to the Site Manager.
- To review all equipment verifying that they are kept clean and that equipment and materials are left secured when not in use.
- To help monitor the waste produced using the weekly checklist and monitoring procedure.
- To deal with Customer complaints immediately in conjunction with the Site Manager.
- To attend appropriate training sessions to update knowledge of equipment, materials and company procedures.
- To ensure awareness of Company/Client statutory fire and safety regulations and provide good safety methods of work.
- To undertake cleaning duties and any other related duties which are within the job holder’s capability, according to the needs of the business and as directed by the Line Manager.
- Pension - We offer two pensions schemes - Scottish Widows and People Pension, so you can save money each month while you're working and look forwards to a comfortable retirement.
- Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, Salary Finance, Employee Assistance Programe, Save As You Earn Scheme
- Mitie Stars is part of our reward package – it's our employee recognition scheme, the overall winner takes home a dream prize of their choice worth up to £15,000.
- Employee of the Month Scheme – it's our contract specific recognition scheme where we give out monthly vouchers of £25 & £50 and the overall winner takes home vouchers worth £300
- MiDeals: Is our employee discount portal that provides fantastic savings at all our favourite high street stores.
- Life assurance for all employees we provide a lump sum of at least 1 x your basic pay (with a minimum lump sum payment of £10,000) will be paid to beneficiaries you have nominated.
- Free access to a Virtual GP Service for you and all members in your household.
- Access to online e-learning platform with more than 200 courses, including the English language.
Skills / Experience /Competency required:
- Previous supervisor experience – desirable
- Must fall into the required shift pattern as deemed suitable to meet Contractual requirements.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.
- Customer Focus and Service Skills.
- The ability to prioritise workload effectively, with good organisational skills.
- Able to work from own initiative.
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation.
- Excellent Time Management Skills.
- Communicative English is essential, you may be required to prove your knowledge of English by passing a English language assessment
- You will be required to complete the basic disclosure (DBS check) in line with the Contract requirements, we will arrange this for you.
- You will be required to undertake the drug and alcohol screening test.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.