FLT/ Waste Operative Night Shift *Permanent*
- Lutterworth Rd, Burbage, Hinckley LE10, UK
At Mitie, you will be working for the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. You will be part of a workforce with over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there is no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
We are looking for passionate people to join our Mitie team that delivers exceptional every day; we offer a great place to work with many benefits.
Salary: Basic rate £10.73/hr
Hours: 12 hrs/day (Including 1 hr unpaid break)
Shift Pattern: 4on/4off
Contract : Permanent
- Work within the Waste and Cleaning Team, carrying out duties effectively and efficiently in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Your duties will include the following; Loading and unloading pallet trailers; loading cardboard and plastic bales onto the trailers; sorting, moving and stacking pallets.
- Undertake the operation of Fork Lift Truck driving within a H&S conscious environment within in the job role.
- Have full knowledge and understanding of the designated working area, including the agreed work to be carried out and time allocated to the area.
- Perform miscellaneous cleaning duties or supporting waste team as instructed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is in safe working order.
- Communicate effectively with your team and a line manager – we all work together.
- Wear protective clothing (PPE) and comply with Health & Safety legislation and policies
- Pension - We offer two pensions schemes - Scottish Widows and People Pension, so you can save money each month while you're working and look forwards to a comfortable retirement.
- Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, Salary Finance, Employee Assistance Programe, Save As You Earn Scheme
- Mitie Stars is part of our reward package – it's our employee recognition scheme, the overall winner takes home a dream prize of their choice worth up to £15,000.
- Employee of the Month Scheme – it's our contract specific recognition scheme where we give out monthly vouchers of £25 & £50 and the overall winner takes home vouchers worth £300
- MiDeals: Is our employee discount portal that provides fantastic savings at all our favourite high street stores.
- Life assurance for all employees we provide a lump sum of at least 1 x your basic pay (with a minimum lump sum payment of £10,000) will be paid to beneficiaries you have nominated.
- Free access to a Virtual GP Service for you and all members in your household.
- Access to online e-learning platform with more than 200 courses, including the English language.
Skills / Experience /Competency required:
- Licence: Counter Balance (Required)
- Forklift Operator: 3 months (Preferred)
- Must be able to complete appropriate documentation in line with the Contract requirements.
- Must fall into the required shift pattern as deemed suitable to meet Contractual requirements.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.
- The ability to prioritise workload effectively, with good organisational skills.
- Detail conscious.
- Able to work from own initiative.
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation.
- Excellent Time Management Skills.
- Communicative English is essential, you may be required to prove your knowledge of English by passing a English language assessment
- You will be required to complete the basic disclosure (DBS check) in line with the Contract requirements, we will arrange this for you.
- You will be required to undertake the drug and alcohol screening test
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.