Office Administrator (Service Solutions and Loading Bay Operative)
- Laganbank Rd, Belfast BT1, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
A vacancy has arisen to join our team on a permanent basis, at our client’s prestigious new office in Belfast city centre.
The successful candidate will be proactive and provide professional, customer focused day-to-day 'hands on’ Office Administration’ support of the Belfast office and the Workplace Office Manager in the areas of: service solutions (mail, loading bay, reprographics, records management, stationery). Working closely with our approved partners in the operation and administration of day-to-day workplace services.
The operative is primarily to ensure the smooth running of Mitie managed areas of the loading bay and mail room provided on site at our client’s prestigious office in Belfast city centre.
The Loading Bay operative is to carry out the effective and efficient handling of all incoming and outgoing mail and courier items according to the site procedure manual. The employee must have a diligent approach to ensure complete audit trail is maintained, excellent customer communication skills, must be organised and have a high level of attention to detail.
Responsible for all incoming / outgoing packages for Mitie managed areas
Responsible for use and safe management of mail xray machine (training to be provided)
Responsible for Health & Safety of Mitie managed areas
Inform line management of any situations which could impact on the business immediately
Produce data as requested
Ensure correct PPE is worn at all times
Ensuring all areas of required duties are risk assessed in line with Health & Safety policies
To provide a professional, friendly and helpful customer focused service to our clients each daycess all incoming mail items using the x ray machine
Stock management, house keeping of work areas and ordering paper, Xerox consumables and stationery
Filling cupboards with stationery and photocopier paper, loading paper and toner into photocopier
Supporting MFD 1st and 2nd line fixes and requesting engineer call outs
Ensure that all necessary steps are taken to identify recipients of courier parcels and enter them on the PinPoint system for the mailroom to distribute
Log all incoming Royal mail Special Deliveries onto the PinPoint system
Ensure that a record of who has signed for the PinPoint handhelds is kept up to date
To answer any queries regarding incoming/ outgoing courier items, and to forward any problems to the IMS Manager if they cannot be resolved immediately
Inform mailroom of urgent parcels that need immediate delivery
Ensure that the clear desk policy is adhered to
Any bulky items received are to be swiftly dealt with and redirected to the correct department with minimum delay
Ensure that all courier data is captured on PinPoint and run daily end of day reports to check for outstanding items
Keep the Loading Bay in good order in line with H&S procures
Any other ad hoc duties in relation to the loading bay
Be able to deal with and solve any immediate operational challenges with sound judgement and excellent prioritisation skills.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The ability to build relationships with customers and communicate effectively at all levels
The ability to demonstrate a customer focused and "Can do" attitude and attention to detail are fundamental requirements
To be proactive, self-motivated and understand the parameters of the role and refer issues upwards
Excellent verbal and written English
Computer literate intermediate level
- Bright, enthusiastic and friendly
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.