Retail Security Officer Southampton Totton & Surrounding Areas £9.71ph
- Maynard Rd, Totton, Southampton SO40, UK
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Mitie has a great opportunity in Southampton Totton area. We are looking for an experienced Officer to join the team on site. Your shift pattern will be discussed the interview, with a pay rate of £9.71 per hour. You will report into the sites security operation’s manager.
To deliver results for their identified area that meets or exceeds the budget and service delivery requirements through full responsibility and accountability for:
- To protect customers and colleagues from physical and verbal abuse •To deter violence and public order offences
- To patrol the store and other areas and to undertake checks in accordance with the site assignment instructions
- To deter till snatchers, trolley push outs and other bulk thefts
- Dealing with any difficult situations that arise in a safe and professional manner
- To be conversant with the Electronic Article Surveillance tagging system and complete regular checks of tagging standards
- Monitoring the store CCTV where appropriate
- Complete retrospective CCTV reviews focusing on shrinkage
- To be clean, tidy and properly dressed wearing full uniform, Sainsbury's name badge. This should also include an SIA licence (s), identity badge, which all must be valid.
- To understand and always implement the ‘Ways of Working’
- Liaise with the store management teams giving clear and concise feedback
- Liaise with the Police and crime partnerships where required to foster a great working relationship to support the reduction of crime in store
- Utilise all equipment and technology to their fullest potential to maximise the impact upon security and stores losses
- To wear and activate BWCCTV in accordance with company procedures
- Ensuring behaviours and situations that endanger the health and safety and well being of colleagues, customers and fellow officers are identified and rectified in a timely manner in line with company policies.
- The security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Able to work on their own initiative.
- Retail Security experience.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs with an ability to work with different teams as required
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- Capability in the use of technolgy
- An ambassador for great customer service
- It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Frontline Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential, CCTV Licence would be beneficial
- A Full UK Driving licence would be beneficial
Working hours, Varied Monday to Sunday
Salary, £9.71 per hour
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.