- The Shard, London, GREATER LONDON, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Job objectives and responsibilities
We are looking to recruit a Bid Director to join the Business Development team within Care & Custody on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Bid Director will have the key responsibility of securing new Opportunities. The exciting new role is proactive, ensuring that the Company is able to respond professionally to convert all new opportunities to new contracts.
- Lead Mitie Care & Custody bids on all new opportunities.
- Lead/oversee/coordinate/coach multi-disciplinary bid teams/workstreams through the entire bid lifecycle including developing successful bid strategies and detailed operational solutions to ensure excellent outcomes and ultimately, win prison outsourcing contracts.
- Successfully analyse bid questions and structure responses to maximise scores against client evaluation criteria – writing if/where required.
- Co-ordinate and manage the relationship with key partners to ensure the best outcomes are delivered against the client’s specification.
- Work with key internal and external partners on solution design to effectively address and convey technical elements of bid responses.
- Engage in MOJ/client-facing discussions on all POSF matters as required, testing our proposed solutions, incorporating learning and feedback into live opportunities from MOJ POSF team and MOJ policy leads.
- Ensure all bid and client deliverables fully meet with client deadlines, client specifications/requirements, compliance criteria, best practice, procedures and governance as well as the established vision of a Mitie Care and Custody Prison.
- Remain up to date with competitor analysis and market changes ensuring these are reflected in solutions, technical responses and pricing as required/appropriate.
- Report on prison opportunity strategy and execution to Governance Board as appropriate.
- Writing/editing /proofreading prison bid responses and other C&C bid opportunities as required.
- Share lessons learnt and enable continuous improvement.
- Work effectively with internal and external stakeholders building effective and valuable relationships - be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Provide subject matter expertise into other related bid opportunities as required.
- Support the development of wider strategy work.
- Use experience to contribute to wider Business Development Team growth and development, processes and procedures as well as coach/mentor/develop more junior members of the team.
- Line Manage where required.
- Proven and successful experience of leading & managing bids at a senior level in the criminal justice sector and specifically, prisons.
- Extensive experience in successfully running the end to end bid lifecycle on complex opportunities including effectively incorporating bid governance and processes, as well as developing and implementing bid strategy
- Ability to manage and motivate multi-disciplinary, virtual and diverse teams
- Proficient at analysing bid questions and structuring and writing responses to maximise scores against evaluation criteria
- Understanding of MOJ operational, policy and procurement processes and structures
- Commercial understanding within an operational and business development context
- In depth experience of devising and managing bid strategy within the criminal justice sector
- Good interpersonal skills, influence and impact, working with others
- A strong quality orientation and commitment to continuous improvement
- An influential and persuasive communicator, with a high standard of written and verbal communication skills
- A clear and strategic thinker, able to offer new and innovative solutions
- Ability to work to intense deadlines, under pressure and excellent at multitasking.
- A Degree or similar qualification would be an advantage however this is not essential.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.