Electrician - Heathrow IRC
- Heathrow IRC, Colnbrook Bypass, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Salary - £36,000 per annum
Job objectives and responsibilities
- To carry out the daily provision of FM planned and reactive maintenance including the maintenance of all security systems, emergency and safety systems, utility services and all fencing within and on the boundaries of the Centre ensuring adherence to all legislation, company policies and procedures and all contractual and relevant Home Office standards.
- To provide accurate Asset Register, Asset Condition Surveys, Forward Maintenance Requirements and Lifecycle recording across the Centre.
- Provide support to staff, in order to maximise the efficient and effective operation of the Centre.
- Expedite the provision for the M&E services, including participating in daily closure of PM activity relating to Schedule C and updating of the maintenance management system to reflect this.
- To be part of the provision of emergency cover outside of normal operating hours, in line with relevant security and operational instructions, legislation, contractual, company, QHSE and environmental standards.
- Assist in the reduction of energy usage and environmental sustainability together with identifying areas for improvement and cost savings.
- Escorting M&E service sub contractors ensuring they follow security measures, operational procedures and statutory obligations.
- Conduct site inspections also audits on tools also work undertaken by yourself as well as contractors; on a sample basis, to ensure that work is compliant and meets industry standards.
- Service performance of both PPM and reactive maintenance tasks, using the company’s maintenance management systems, to ensure contractual compliance
- Support staff development, performance, motivation and the contribution of positive role modelling.
- Ensure an effective FM service is delivered in line with contractual obligations
- Complete also coordinate documentation and recording of data via hand held PDA devices; ensuring that all tasks are logged on and recorded on the company’s maintenance management system.
- Check equipment, tools and materials to carry out your daily duties effectively.
- Assist in promoting Health & Safety to ensure it is embedded in all FM activities.
- 18th Edition in Electrical Engineering required.
- Substantial practical experience with a good all round knowledge of all the building services disciplines including heating, hot water, ventilating, refrigeration, environmental, electrical power distribution and public health is desirable.
- Environmental Impact awareness is desirable.