Assistant Cleaning Manager
- Grant Way, Isleworth TW7, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
Shift Pattern: Sunday to Thursday
Salary: £32,000 Per Annum
In your new role as a Night Cleaning Manager, you will be completing the following tasks:
- The day to day operations and supervision of all staff, ensuring that a 5 Star service is delivered to all areas of responsibility. Continually review processes/ working practices and actively encourage an environment of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ensuring the tasks are completed to BICSc standard and site specifications as required in the cleaning schedules
- Reviewing work schedules and working closely with the management team to drive productivity and achieve results. Working with the Regional management to promote a one team approach and to ensure that there are no barriers between teams. Must actively encourage collaboration between shifts.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all documentation and integrated systems employed by the colleagues.
- Active encouragement of “One team “approach within and colleagues and coming up with ideas to improve this further.
- Responsible for the team member’s performance and development through PDP’s. Recognise, acknowledge and reward performance excellence.
- Complete regular audits on standards. Maintaining and updating risk assessments and method statements on Assess Net and ensure that they have been read and signed by relevant employees.
- Meet regularly with site teams to ensure an integrated approach in delivering the services to the client. Ensure effective and aligned communication/cascade of appropriate information to teams in a timely manner.
- Recruit the highest possible calibre operatives to fill vacancies. Monitoring all applications for authenticity and seek and obtain references. Ensure all employee documentation is provided to be processed correctly.
- Ensure that all employees are appropriately inducted, trained and developed. This responsibility includes identification of training needs, recommending training programmes, monitoring and evaluating the effect of that training.
What you’ll get in return:
- Core Benefits – Holiday Entitlement 20 days per year plus 8 bank holidays, Pension contributions and discount through MiDeals which can give you discounts and savings at over 850 high street retailers.
- Voluntary Benefits – Cycle to work, Extra Holidays, Share Incentive Plan, Save as you Earn Scheme as well as numerous other benefits.
- Recognition and Wellbeing initiatives such as Mitie Stars, long service awards and our Employee Assistance Programme.
What you'll need to succeed in your new role:
- Previous experience working across multi-sites
- Previous experience of managing cleaning contract sites or similar
- Knowledge of cleaning to BICSs Standards and company auditing procedures.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;