Fulltime Retail Security officer - £8.80P/H
- Lysander Road, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Paying £8.80 Per Hour. This role would be ideal for a security professional who has a customer service orientated approach; looking to further their working experience within a retail environment. A confident and outgoing personality would be perfect for this role to ensure effective client interaction throughout the shift. The rota provides a good work life balance, with no starts earlier than 0700 and not finishing later than 2000; this is subject to seasonal changes - NO NIGHT SHIFTS.
• You will report into the site’s security operations manager.
• Acting as a visual deterrent spending approx. 60% of time on the shop floor – able to deter and when required safely detain offenders in accordance with H&S training
• Utilising the store security systems, CCTV, EAS gates, etc, to support the security activity.
• Working in liaison with covert security operatives.
• Investigating any losses, empty packaging, support enquiries regarding known offenders.
• Completing full and accurate incident reports and company documentation
• Reporting Crime incidents to Crime Centre on a company provided tablet.
• Completing routine patrols of the store to ensure customer safety and maintaining a strong security presence to all members of the public.
• Recording completed patrols in daily activity sheets in liaison with the store point of contact.
• Attending the store briefings to provide a security update.
• Conducting shift handover procedures at the start and end of each shift to ensure all matters of concern or note occurring during a shift are passed on for the purposes of service and incident management continuity.
• Maintaining a safe and secure environment for all.
• Unrestricted right to work full time in the UK for a minimum period of 12 months
• Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
• Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
• Have a five - year checkable employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self- employment or full and part time education during that period
• Own transport
• Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
• Previous experience of working in a retail Security role
It’s the little things that count –
• Generous Staff Discount at 20% (subject to qualifying period)
• Free SIA license renewal
• Competitive holiday entitlement – 28 days annual leave
• A personal learning hub, that also provides access to Additional Training
• Full uniform
• A wide range of discounts with selected companies
• Overtime availability
• A supportive management support network
• Paid breaks