Scanning Specialist (Projects & Document Management)
- Paradise Circus, Birmingham, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave
Our team provides a service of scanning, routing and filing of documents which supports our Customer to deliver an exceptional service to it’s clients. We have an exciting oppertuiny to join our team based in Birmingham City Centre.
The Scanning Projects Specialist is required to organise, prepare and scan important documents. Ensuring paperwork is efficiently and accurately processed whilst adhering to certified quality processes is an essential part of the role.
The IMS Scanning Centre is a team of experienced staff whose work complies with BS10008 legal admissibility in court for scanned documents and ISO27001 information security management systems. This is a growing service requirement for all businesses in the UK and we are the first scanning centre to be awarded the BS10008 – making us unique in this field. The team is part of a much wider Records Management and Information Security team whose work ensures the firm’s compliance with both internal policies and external regulatory requirements.
You will report to a team leader within the team. The team directly reports to the IMS Scanning Services Manager and our Client, but also has reporting responsibilities to the Client’s Information, Risk and Security forum within the UK.
- Ensuring that all incoming paper documentation is scanned using the appropriate system in accordance with the BSI 10008 operational procedures.
- Prioritising work – recognising different document types; scanning, routing and filing of documents & technical reporting.
- You may also be periodically required to move positions within the team in order to maintain balanced support service.
- You will ideally have prior work experience (from an administrative background within a corporate or professional services environment). Experience in client service delivery would be an advantage and excellent soft skills.
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths;
- Proven IT skills including Excel and Google applications;
- Minimum typing speed of 30wpm;
- Strong prioritisation, time management and organisation skills;
- Proven delivery of accurate and thorough work;
- Proven reliability in customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to liaise confidently and professionally at all levels,
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to take responsibility for own work under own initiative;
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets; flexible with regard to hours (as overtime may be required);
- Able to quickly familiarise and become expert with the Document Management technology and business processes;
- Strong influencing and team working skills, able to build and maintain trusting relationships with both colleagues and clients, promoting and embracing change.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Team Leader and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your Team Leader;
- Report any actual and suspected security incidents to your Team Leader.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
- Experienced in scanning & projects
- Great customer service skills
This role is initially based on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Due to high levels of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.