Operatives - LTS
- High St, Southampton SO14, UK
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Are you looking for a rewarding contract where you will be able to use your skills to make more of a difference than ever before?
We are looking to recruit Test Operators for our new COVID-19 Testing centre.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- To enable the testing process to be seamless, ensure that the test subjects experience is pleasant and managed in a professional way
- Reporting into the Testing Supervisor the Test Operative is accountable for to administer a throat and nasal swab test to individuals that visit a test site . Two testers alternate for each subject. One does test, other holds a bag that test get put in after.
- Participates in new site activation to ensure site is ready for day 1
- Ensures that site is ready for operations at the beginning of each day
- Undertake training on how to administer the throat and nasal swab test
- Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level
- Undertake training on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and ensure PPE is worn and changed
- Communicate with individuals that visit the site to be tested, ensuring they understand the process
- Support and reassure the individuals throughout the testing process.
- Administer the throat and nasal swab test to NHS standards
- Package up the swabs ready to send to laboratories for processing
- Support with testing administration (recording Test Operative administrating test, test time etc.)
- At the beginning of each day confirm booth inventory /supplies to Testing Supervisor.
- Liaise with equipment and resources to ensure sufficient PPE and supplies are ordered
- Dispose of bio-hazard containers appropriately.
- To ensure that social distancing is undertaken
- Be vigilant at all times when on site
- All services and personnel to act in accordance with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, unless derogation has been explicitly given.
- Perform all the following services in line with Good Industry Practice, unless specific service standards are prescribed.
- Escalate immediately if it becomes apparent that the site is not or is likely to become non-compliant with any law relating to the environment and sustainability or health and safety and will take all reasonable steps to becoming compliant. This excludes regulations that have been explicitly referred to in derogation.
YOU can play a crucial role in maximising our capacity as a country to fight this outbreak both on a national and local level.
In exchange for your time, support and expertise Mitie will be rewarding those successful with the real living wage.
- Experience working with members of the public/subjects.
- Good interpersonal skills and caring nature.
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility (for reaching into vehicles).
- Good communication and empathy skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- To be physically able to be on your feet for the length of shift.
In addition, applicants must consider the following:
- Full Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied in line with NHS standards.
- Ability to physically stand for several hours
- Willingness to work outside (weather protection will be provided)
- Full training will be provided
- Hours of work to cover a working pattern over 7 days a week with rest breaks.
- Staff facilities including refreshments provided.
- First Aid Support and facilities onsite
As we work with a wide variety of people, including individuals who may be more vulnerable than you, we take the health and well-being of our clients and staff very seriously and sincerely, with this in mind applicants must be in general good health and not classified as in any of the COVID High risk groups therefore:
- Must not have a long-term condition.
- Must not be pregnant.
- Must not have a weakened immune system through medical conditions or therapy.
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable