Security Operations Manager
- West Quay Shopping Centre, Portland Terrace, Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Security Operations Manager to join the Security Management Team at West Quay Shopping Centre.
The Security Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day manning, safety and security of the Shopping Centre, They must meet or exceed the budget and service delivery requirements through ensuring all officers on site fully understand and comply with all aspects of Client and Mitie policies. You will use highly effective coaching and performance management skills to deliver an industry leading retail security team.
45 hours per week working weekends and some bank holidays, £33,000 per annum
- Manage the staff to ensure that the operational delivery of the service is maintained to the highest standards and to the complete satisfaction of the client
- Provide Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and monthly client visit reports
- Wherever applicable measure performance indicators to ensure standards are constantly maintained/improved
- Monitor labour turnover, absenteeism and performance standards and recruit staff to ensure that retention is greater than 80%
- Ensure that staff comply with Health and Safety requirements in all aspects of their work
- Maintain accurate and up to date Assignment Instructions, Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor staff performance and appraise staff in line with company policy
- Ensuring team is constantly trained to meet leading industry and client practices.
- Ensure that all staff comply with Health and Safety requirements
- Continue to bring innovation and adopt different ways of working
- To support the retailers as appropriate and offer advice on Security needs and requirements.
- Provide effective leadership to ensure the development and encouragement of all staff within the Security department
- Oversee all departmental rosters including leave and sickness to ensure effective management presence at all times
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong customer service, client focused attitude with the ability to build good working relationships
- Will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Must be able to work on own initiative.
- Retail Security experience.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- Stay calm under pressure.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as an individual.
- Frontline Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential, CCTV Licence would be beneficial
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
Note: This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. A more detailed job description will be available at interview should you be successful in your application. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.