Technical Services Manager
- Norreys Dr, Maidenhead SL6, UK
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
- Implement a positive and proactive health, safety and well-being culture within the team.
- Be commercially and operationally responsible for the successful delivery of the Technical Services elements of the contract.
- Provide the client with professional, comprehensive, engineering excellence across the contract portfolio, with regards to reactive & planned maintenance.
- Build a strong working relationship with both internal and external customers including sub-contractors to ensure that all services are delivered in a professional, timely and cost effective manner.
- Successfully manage and lead the site team to ensure that a proficient service delivery is maintained at all times.
- Fully understand the client’s expectations and be fully conversant with contract & specification documents, associated KPI’s and ensure that services are organised to meet those expectations.
- Proactively demonstrate and work to the Company’s vision of being ‘The Exceptional, Every Day’.
- Undertake the role of Technical Services Manager operating as the main point of contact for the customer, developing working relationships and to understand their business needs and requirements.
- Manage and co-ordinate Mitie’s activities within the contract whilst ensuring the site team and all sub-contractors are managed and service levels are met in line with the contractual CI’s, KPI’s and PI’s.
- Manage and support the Site Lead/Operations Manager with the day to day running of the operational team, deputising in his absence.
- Manage the operational delivery team including all elements of the people management of the engineering team.
- Support the organisation & management of Mitie related parts, materials and consumables stock and support the ordering process.
- Analyse delivery performance and develop on-going contribution to the contract, controlling and minimising operational, financial and commercial risk.
- Work closely with the customer on all aspects of service delivery for the maintenance team.
- Drive the development of a professional and effective operational team, ensuring objectives are set, monitored and achieved and that all employees are appraised and have a personal development plan.
- In collaboration with the Site Lead/Operations Manager develop a succession plan for all key roles within your team.
- Build positive and productive working relationships with the client, delivering excellent customer service and seeking ways to continuously improve and surpass expectations.
- Ensure that all contractual CI’s, KPI’s & PI’s are continually met for the contract and that working towards achieving success is embedded across the teams.
- Provide management information and produce business reports as required.
- Monitor and control supplier, sub-contractor and labour costs to ensure transparency & accuracy is achieved.
- Stay abreast of opportunities for developing energy saving initiatives to support the customers’ carbon reduction initiatives.
- Lead by example with regards to health and safety, compliance with statutory and contractual legislative requirements.
- Understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time.
- Understand and comply with Mitie & client policies and procedures and ensure the same from the engineering team.
- Carry out work in a safe and diligent manner.
- Attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required.
- Ensure HSE/Team briefings and Tool Box Talks are delivered to direct reports as required.
- Understand and implement the site escalation and Business Continuity procedures appropriately.
- Participate in site audits as per communicated schedule.
Client / Customer / Line Manager:
- Manage and deliver all works as directed by the client and line Management.
- Ensure that business critical asset down time is minimal.
- Communicate with the line Manager / client in a timely manner as required.
- Respond in a timely manner to verbal and written requests.
- Adopt a proactive approach to all aspects of service delivery.
- Support, develop and communicate best working practice.
- Where applicable, provide accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Produce quotations & pricing schedules as required.
- Support the production of finance reports as required.
- Actively input into the P&L account for the contract.
- Support the effective management of WIP & Debt where applicable.
- Attend P&L and Finance meetings as required and support the production of accurate reports.
- Ensure legislative compliance for assets within scope are continually achieved.
- Oversee the management of all contract compliance reports ensuring these are submitted on time and as required.
- Arrange/attend/chair & actively participate in internal and external meetings as required.
Health, Safety, Quality and Environment (HSQE)
- Prepare and communicate RAMS for work as required.
- Ensure QHSE standards are maintained and promote best practice and site specific core values.
- Ensure legislation and company operating procedures are adhered to.
- Report any unsafe activities / risks promptly to the Client / Line Manager ensuring your team do the same using the Mitie and Client systems.
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
Human Resources (HR)
- Undertake company disciplinary & grievance procedures as required.
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures.
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required.
- The candidate must hold relevant professional, technical or management qualifications. Ideally they will have experience of operating and maintaining steam boilers.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems and the management of safe systems of work associated with the role and work environment.
- They must be able to undertake budget setting and demonstrate appropriate a track record in operational financial management.
- The candidate must have a proven track record in commercial building maintenance ideally in a manufacturing / regulated environment.
- The candidate must be aware of the requirements of the CP/AP roles and be willing to hold an AP role in an appropriate discipline.
- Due to the nature of the site, the candidate must be willing to support out of hours work on an ad hoc basis.
- Strong knowledge of Health & Safety supported by IOSH / NEBOSH.
- The candidate must have trade qualifications.
- Formal People Management training is desirable though not essential.
- Knowledge of asbestos, legionella, pressure systems supported by appropriate qualifications is desirable.